Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: handlebar muffs  (Read 3189 times)

Offline uoorns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: northampton
handlebar muffs
on: November 08, 2012, 07:17:32 PM
Wednesday 7 November 2012 came across a rider of a white CR near to Victoria Station, London. Cr had a company logo on it. I was on foot. Had a quick chet about CRs. I was interested in his handlebar muffs. They were Tucan. He said they were bought from a shop on Kings Road. If he reads this was it Urban Rider? I have phoned them and they are not sure which Tucan piece is suitable for CR.

Anyone have experience of using Oxford or Tucan or any other type of handlebar muff?
hornetsfan

Shaunomercy

Re: handlebar muffs
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 10:25:03 PM
It sounds like you met the courier rider.  He is on here with pics of his cr.  I cannot remember his moniker tho.

Paul

Offline uoorns

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:26:19 AM
*Originally Posted by Shaunomercy [+]
It sounds like you met the courier rider.  He is on here with pics of his cr.  I cannot remember his moniker tho.

Paul

Hi Paul. Thanks for that. I recalled that sometime ago a CR owner registered and said he had been pleased to have been provided with a company bike (white CR). Thought it might be him. Hopefully he is still looking at the forum and will comment.

John
hornetsfan

Offline mrvelcrofast

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 08:52:58 PM
*Originally Posted by uoorns [+]
Wednesday 7 November 2012 came across a rider of a white CR near to Victoria Station, London. Cr had a company logo on it. I was on foot. Had a quick chet about CRs. I was interested in his handlebar muffs. They were Tucan. He said they were bought from a shop on Kings Road. If he reads this was it Urban Rider? I have phoned them and they are not sure which Tucan piece is suitable for CR.

Anyone have experience of using Oxford or Tucan or any other type of handlebar muff?

Hi it's me ... said courier rider in Victoria!
The muffs I have are these:
http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/brands/tucano-urbano/bar-muffs-r323-with-bar-end-weights.html

The only problem using these muffs is that the crossrunner bar end weights aren't really long enough for the muff rubber gromits to sit over.
I had an old pair of bar end weights of my 1997 VFR750 which went straight on. I needed longer bolts and a big washer (which stops the muff dislocating from the bar weight).
A bit of fettling but well worth the effort as the system works so well; as muffs are located on bar end weight, they don't move about/get affected by wind pressure at speed.

Offline spannerman35

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: vfr800x/cb1000r
  • City / Town: Runcorn
Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 09:02:32 AM
Do you know what chaps...

The above posts show just what a brilliant forum this is....

A great big well done to those who give their time and effort to make it work
 :046:

Offline uoorns

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 08:32:39 PM
absolutely right spannerman. Without this forum there was no way I could link again with a guy I had met briefly in the centre of London. Thanks for responding Mrvelcrofast. That's all helpful.
hornetsfan