Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Forum member mentioned in Motorcycle news today  (Read 5567 times)

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Forum member mentioned in Motorcycle news today
on: November 14, 2012, 08:35:18 PM
Reading Kevin Ash's colum in todays MCN I was interested to note that a member of this forum was commented on. Whilst not being mentioned by name some of those that have been here from the early days will recognise the subject of the comments immediately
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Shaunomercy

Re: Forum member mentioned in Motorcycle news today
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:03:05 PM
I dont buy that comic so please tell

Paul

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Andover
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 09:06:42 PM
*Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
Reading Kevin Ash's colum in todays MCN I was interested to note that a member of this forum was commented on. Whilst not being mentioned by name some of those that have been here from the early days will recognise the subject of the comments immediately

l noticed that as well !!! i wonder if Joe saw it ?   :164:

Offline TroggysRevenge

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 12:27:12 AM
Can you link us to the post that was quoted? (not sure if I can get the same edition of MCN here)

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 02:15:06 PM
Hi  all, having broken a promise to never waste another penny on buying MCN - I have got a copy and read the article by Kevin "the most outspoken man in motorcycling" Ash and see that he has been wildly inaccurate in a reference to a thread I started in his forum when I learnt about the undisclosed 123mph electronic speed restriction. This is the link to that thread...makes an interesting read...
www.ashonbikes.com/forum/honda-crossrunner-electronic-restriction?

In his article this week in MCN Ash says..
"a subscriber on my website complained bitterly because he couldn't achieve the top speed I and others had estimated for the Honda Crossrunner, saying he could only get 135mph instead of 150mph".

The overall article is about what makes us buy a new bike and that it is about "how the bike makes us feel rather than pure top speed" - something I do not disagree with. 

In the thread I never said what he claims..the issue to me was always about non disclosure of important facts about performance/specification by Manufacturers and their dealers and compounded by poor reporting in the motorcycle press. :211:

I have added a footnote to the thread which you are all welcome to read and will email MCN with a few choice words which I am sure they won't print.

Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Shaunomercy

Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 04:21:56 PM
I didnt know ash actually had a column in mcn.  He has always seemed to be a decent journo.  Work must be getting scarce for him to be doing an mcn column.

He should be over at visor down or msl.  Writing for a comic.  How sad.

Paul

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 05:18:06 PM
Just so it's absolutely clear to everyone..my real problem here was always about non disclosure and not the top speed itself. I strongly suspect that this was intentional on the part of Honda UK, followed by a crass attempt at cover up, hence I always felt duped.

But...don't let this desolve into another debate about the merits of top speeds. Its about personal choice's made in the light of all the facts  - like buying a new bike which is non ABS..  oh no,  :138: here we go again... :024:

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • City / Town: Andover
Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 10:22:19 PM
how is the kwaker now? ready to go out with some proper bikes soon ?
 :047:

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 10:47:13 AM
 :010: is all OK now and hope we all catch up soon. Errmm..that is to say I hope you all catch me up but given the above mentioned restriction....   :150:

Actually - Sunday looks good...anyone fancy meet near Oxford and ride round the area via H Cafe @ Dorchester on Thames??

Offline gtb1102

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 04:46:14 PM
Hi Joe, would have love to but visiting the boy in Leeds as he's up there at uni, if you're out have fun, definetly next time
G

recent