Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: My verdict of new Crossrunner  (Read 2096 times)

Offline spannerman35

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: vfr800x/cb1000r
  • City / Town: Runcorn
My verdict of new Crossrunner
on: November 19, 2012, 10:24:59 AM
I have been riding bikes for many years and have had many different styles/types of motorcycle. I have now clocked up just over 314 miles on the Crossrunner on two outings. I must say I really dont find the tyres a problem. My last run out was in terrible wet/slippy roads and I found the Pirelli tyres not too bad. Yes, the CR would be better with a sportier softer compound tyre fitted. After reading some of the reports, I was expecting the worst but I found them capable even for me (I dont ride slowly either). Maybe its a confidence thing....
The CR is really growing on me and although I found the drop in Torque from my previous bike (ST1300) rather alarming it is just a case of changing my riding style to suit.
I am looking at a few screen options at the moment but I found weather protection not terrible but not great either....
If your thinking of getting a CR then I say go for it. It is a bit similar to my CB1000R, it brings a fun element back into motorcycling :152: