Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: How many litres on reserve till you run out ....  (Read 6441 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mrvelcrofast

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: UK
How many litres on reserve till you run out ....
on: November 29, 2012, 07:00:56 PM
Found out late this afternoon  :008: :008: :034: :087:
I've seen 6 litres used on reserve a few times, but I think that was on sedate useage/ good mpg.
Around London/town it is less. Ran out with 5.5 litres used today.
Luckily I knew I needed some petrol and was only 30 metres from a BP in Victoria.
So now you know!  :062:

Offline Spenze

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 46
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Melbourne
  • Country: Australia
How many litres on reserve till you run out ....
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 11:24:56 PM
I decided to test mine out after getting to 4 litres on reserve then only needing to put 18 litres in the bike.

Haven't been game enough to get it past 6 litres though. Had it to 5 a few times though but only had to put 19.5 litres in.

Offline TroggysRevenge

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 51
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Brisbane
  • Country: Australia
Re: How many litres on reserve till you run out ....
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 07:20:13 AM
I WISH it had distance to empty on it. It wouldn't have been so hard to have included that one extra function!  :151:

Shaunomercy

  • Guest
Re: How many litres on reserve till you run out ....
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 06:04:07 PM
*Originally Posted by mrvelcrofast [+]
Found out late this afternoon  :008: :008: :034: :087:
I've seen 6 litres used on reserve a few times, but I think that was on sedate useage/ good mpg.
Around London/town it is less. Ran out with 5.5 litres used today.
Luckily I knew I needed some petrol and was only 30 metres from a BP in Victoria.
So now you know!  :062:

So out of interest, whats your average fuel economy ? after all yours is a work bike ?  Whats your average mileage to a tank ?

Cheers

Paul

Offline Whistler

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Bike: VFR 800 X
  • City / Town: Southsea
  • Country: UK
Re: How many litres on reserve till you run out ....
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 01:39:13 AM
*Originally Posted by TroggysRevenge [+]
I WISH it had distance to empty on it. It wouldn't have been so hard to have included that one extra function!  :151:
Amen to that!

Or better yet, a countdown on fuel remaining, rather than fuel used!  :006:

Offline mrvelcrofast

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: UK
Re: How many litres on reserve till you run out ....
Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 01:32:00 AM
*Originally Posted by Shaunomercy [+]
So out of interest, whats your average fuel economy ? after all yours is a work bike ?  Whats your average mileage to a tank ?

Cheers

Paul
It's not brilliant round town .... doing about 190 to the tank and that's running on to vapour.
I don't hang around much. Lots of into the Vtec.
It's done 13K miles now and I get the feeling it needs an air filter.
It prob gets more than it's fair share of dust due to the environment ... a few of our sites are dusty and muddy!

Shaunomercy

  • Guest
Re: How many litres on reserve till you run out ....
Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 08:18:05 AM
*Originally Posted by mrvelcrofast [+]
It's not brilliant round town .... doing about 190 to the tank and that's running on to vapour.
I don't hang around much. Lots of into the Vtec.
It's done 13K miles now and I get the feeling it needs an air filter.
It prob gets more than it's fair share of dust due to the environment ... a few of our sites are dusty and muddy!

Actually that is pretty damned good for the work and enviroment the bike spends time in mrvelcrofast.  I was expecting arround 170.
I suspect your right about the airfilter.  I hope the company is paying for it as honda will have your pants down.  45 quid for the vtec air filter.  ROBBING T##ts.

Paul

Offline wedge

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 46
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Wisbech
  • Country: UK
Re: How many litres on reserve till you run out ....
Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 10:12:50 AM
Just to add: I do long commuter miles on A roads so theoretically should have
a pretty low consumption. After 4000 miles my average is 49mpg exactly.
Better than I'd expected given the bikes thirsty rep but still worse than a modern
bike should be capable of if we hadn't got lost in the 90's performance race.

That's not my "sometimes average" or "mostly average" that's my mileage from
day 1 of owning the bike to today including the odd short trip and the odd cane
Always with panniers and top box fitted, carrying at least a change of clothes,
shoes and a lock (sometimes more) and I'm a fat bastid (18 stone)

I've noticed I get higher mileage from Shell than supermarket petrol, a phenomenon
I've seen reported before with other bikes but never had one that cared til now.
(when I say supermarket, I don't mean Tesco - that aint going anywhere near my bike)
The difference is more than enough to pay for the cost increase. Haven't tried
"super" yet but suspect the balance would swing the other way as it's significantly
more expensive.

Offline mrvelcrofast

  • Crossrunner Member
  • **
  • Posts: 97
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: UK
Re: How many litres on reserve till you run out ....
Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 10:33:53 AM
*Originally Posted by Shaunomercy [+]
Actually that is pretty damned good for the work and enviroment the bike spends time in mrvelcrofast.  I was expecting arround 170.
I suspect your right about the airfilter.  I hope the company is paying for it as honda will have your pants down.  45 quid for the vtec air filter.  ROBBING T##ts.

Paul

Luckily I don't pay for anything, but £45 for a disposable filter is shocking. A K&N isn't much more!

Shaunomercy

  • Guest
Re: How many litres on reserve till you run out ....
Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 02:31:06 PM
I wont use k&n.  Filtration isnt as good as a paper filter.  A m8 bought one and there were parts where you could see through it and quite easily thread a human hair through the holes. This was a transalp k&n filter.
Least you dont change honda filter till 16k but a huge cannister filter for my volvo fm12 460bhp artic isnt much more than what honda rob you for....

Paul

 



recent