Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: The way it was  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
The way it was
on: December 25, 2012, 10:05:06 AM
Not CR related however I just thought I would post this as a bit of nostelga for those of us of a certain age and a bit of insight to to how it was for those not old enough to remember

59 Club UK Film
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: The way it was
Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 02:38:38 PM
Thanks Dick,
I went to 59 a couple of times and was member 13,400 odd. The shot inside the club is just how I remember it. First time we went ..no sat navs and all that and first time in London so obviously got lost pretty quick. Then we saw some guys on cafe racers at lights by White City ..they had 59 badges and we decided to follow them. Lights went to green and off they went like bats from hell. :008: :008: Stayed overnight in the dormitary above Father Bill's house and met him over breakfast.

Great times.
Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:40:15 PM by xrunjoe
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline TroggysRevenge

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 09:36:10 PM
Thanks Rocker!

Well before my time but I love a bit of history, especially when it involves classic bikes!

Offline gatesy

• Crossrunner Member
  • Tyres down saddle up!
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: Le Bosc Renoult
Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 05:05:55 PM
I remember hearing of the 59Club but it was a bit too far from Liverpool for a young lad at the time. I've seen a few of these old films over the years including a Horseman's (well known L'pool dealer until the 70s I think) safety film. Very interesting indeed, I even recognised my old Watsonian s/s sidecar. I can't believe how quiet the roads were, and how lucky we were if we had only realised it.
Any more such films out there......
Tel; 02 33 35 85 84 for TLC if in trouble or even in the area.
Code postale; 61470