Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Michelin Pilot Road 3?  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Boris

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2011
  • City / Town: London
Michelin Pilot Road 3?
on: January 10, 2013, 01:55:14 PM
I've seen the threads about various tyre options as I can't stand the Scorpions (despite playing with the pressures and suspension set up) in the damp or rain - dry they're fine but any kind of moisture is a nightmare.

For a year round commute (town and a bit of dual carriageway and A road) I'm seriously thinking about a switch to the PR3's. For those who have them, what do you make of them?

Cheers

Boris

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Michelin Pilot Road 3?
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:37:51 AM
Boris, I put PR3's on my CR and found them to be superb in all conditions..local runs in damp to mountain hairpins in Alps when it was pouring down.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Boris

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 08:58:04 PM
Thanks for your reply! Got a pair being fitted tomorrow.. Will let you know how I get on

Shaunomercy

Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 04:07:44 PM
Metzler z8 interact are said to be better than the pilot road 3 according to motorrad and a lot of other bike publications.  A mate across the road fitted them on his bird.  An ex police rider.  Said they are the best tires he has ever had on a bike.

Paul

Offline Boris

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 05:48:12 PM
Well the Pilots are on now so snow and ice depending, I'll be out in the next 48 hours and will give you an update.. i must say they actually look pretty good - let's just hope they perform as well!

The guy who fit them for me is someone I've known for a long time and he says they're one of his top sellers - fantastic feedback from his customers..