Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Crossrunner best camera points on bike  (Read 2561 times)

Offline spannerman35

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: vfr800x/cb1000r
  • City / Town: Runcorn
Crossrunner best camera points on bike
on: January 10, 2013, 02:48:21 PM
Hi all...I have been messing with fitting camera points on my Crossrunner...see this video I posted on youtube to work out how to gain best camera positions...rear view is fitted at side of number plate. front view is fitted under front U section under headlamp...

http://youtu.be/YutM9exoB3E

Offline TroggysRevenge

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Re: Crossrunner best camera points on bike
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 07:47:06 AM
Nice videos. I'd never have thought that out under the headlight would be so smooth. I'll give it a go once I get a camera. What sort of mount were you using?

Now just need a way of mounting a microphone near the air box and out of the wind to capture that sexy V4 induction sound  :152:

Offline spannerman35

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 09:20:14 AM
*Originally Posted by TroggysRevenge [+]
Nice videos. I'd never have thought that out under the headlight would be so smooth. I'll give it a go once I get a camera. What sort of mount were you using?

Now just need a way of mounting a microphone near the air box and out of the wind to capture that sexy V4 induction sound  :152:

I tried mounting the microphone near the airbox but all I got back was alot of noise, I dont think it was wind noise I think it is more vibration. I am still experimenting with the mic....I overlayed music because the noise of the engine did not sound good due ti mic position...

For the mounts..I used an alloy billet style mount I shall post pics up this weekend

Offline SwissVFR

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 87VFR + 2011CR
  • City / Town: St-Legier
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 03:12:01 PM
I had also tried using the nose as a mounting but found it too flexible, I got a lot more bounce than I see in your videos.  I never got time to go back and reinforce the mount, still on my list of things to do.  I am currently using the suction cup mount on the left side of the fairing just aft of the turn signal, the camera ends up almost under the turn signal.  I found this is the most rigid part of the fairing.  The mic is clipped up behind the fairing near the headlight.

What are you using for a camera?  I have a Drift HD, works OK, not absolutely enthralled...  http://www.youtube.com/user/SwissVFR

--sv

Offline spannerman35

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 02:32:23 PM
I find suction cup mounts give far too much bounce. I use an alloy Billet ring that the camera locks into. I will take some photos as soon as the weather improves