Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Trade In / Re-sale value  (Read 2150 times)

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Andover
Trade In / Re-sale value
on: February 13, 2013, 04:47:44 PM
Chaps

A caution to all you UK CR owners.

I have for a while now been concerned about stories of very low trade in or sale values of CRs (Joe and Ali) compared to the price paid.

I have been looking at and have agreed to purchase a black Honda CBF1000 from a Honda dealer. The best price for trade in I could get was £5200!  If I had paid full price i.e. £9200 for the CR I would be gutted! as it is I only paid £7500 brand new so whilst nor happy it could have been a lot worse!

Now here is the cautionary part - the dealer happened to mention that there is shortly to be launched an updated CR with amongst other things a new array of colours and the footpegs lowered to make the riding position more comfy! He said Honda will be offering them at 0% interest so when the "new ones" come out the value of our CRs will plummet even further!!!!!!!

So if you have been thinking about chopping in I may suggest that this would be the time.    :005:

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Re: Trade In / Re-sale value
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:28:32 PM
I have been offered more than that for my CR against one of the new ones in Camo colour
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Shaunomercy

Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:07:29 PM
Maybe you should look at vfr12 tradr ins.... ouch

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Andover
Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 01:39:05 PM
UPDATE

Went to Reading Honda this morning to do the trade in and just couldn't do it! Went for an hour's ride on the CBF and I have to say the crossrunner is a much superior bike in all aspects ! So deal is off and I will be keeping the CR long term and just take the hit on trade in when I eventually do find a much better bike but I suspect it will not be for quite some time

:419:

recent