Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New bike on order  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
New bike on order
on: February 20, 2013, 04:47:07 PM
As some of you may know I have been toying with the idea of replacing my Crossrunner with a new one. When I came to doing the deal I really couldn't be sure whether to get another CR or a new CBF1000FA. The dealer offered me the CBF at the same price as the CR + a few hundred pounds extra trade in on the old CR if I left the extras on. Also a free 1st service and 4K service. It was a hard choice to make but one the factors in my final decision was the attitude of some forum members to my recent question.
They didn't worry as I wont be bothering them with any more questions ( they can find someone else to mock) as I pick up my new CBF on March 1st
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline kiko

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: CR
  • City / Town: Toledo
Re: New bike on order
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 06:50:53 PM
CONGRATULATIONS.
Enjoy your 76Th bike.

*Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
...one the factors in my final decision was the attitude of some forum members to my recent question.
I am terribly sorry.

I hope see you by here with your CBF (please).

Kiko

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Andover
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:56:45 PM
 It was a hard choice to make but one the factors in my final decision was the attitude of some forum members to my recent question.
They didn't worry as I wont be bothering them with any more questions ( they can find someone else to mock) as I pick up my new CBF on March 1st

Well,what can I say that the above statement does not say in abundance!  If you feel you have been "mocked" because of one light hearted comment then I suggest you get a sense of humour as everyone in life has their leg pulled in a friendly way now and again.

To then say that this perceived mocking was a factor in which bike you spend you hard earned cash on just beggars belief!!

Shaunomercy

Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 11:25:53 PM
Best of luck with the new bike.  I do hope you dont miss the v4 engine or how it delivers its power. I mean that in the nicest sense.
After 2 v4's I find an inline 4 too busy and buzzy and too top end revy.
The detuned fireblade lump is a nice engine all the same.

After my cr goes in another year or so, I think it will have to be a try of team orange.

Paul

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 09:10:27 AM
Enjoy the new bike.
Good job you are a died in the wool Honda man and didn't get a fancy for a Kwaka Z1000SX though..they are a real load of P***takers on their forum.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800-X (2012)
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:53:35 PM
My commiserations to CBF1000.com  :010:

Offline spannerman35

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: vfr800x/cb1000r
  • City / Town: Runcorn
Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 02:11:57 PM
*Originally Posted by xrunjoe [+]
Enjoy the new bike.
Good job you are a died in the wool Honda man and didn't get a fancy for a Kwaka Z1000SX though..they are a real load of P***takers on their forum.

I have recently rode my mates Z1000sx and to be honest I couldnt wait to get back on the Crossrunner. The Kawa is far too noisy and at 85-95mph is no were near as smooth and relaxed as the Crossrunner. It maybe faster but then again it is a 1000cc