Recent Gallery Images

cleaned for winter

Views: 53
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Greetings from the North  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Markoncex

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
Greetings from the North
« on: October 06, 2011, 08:26:51 AM »
Greetings. My crossrunner gets its 600 mile service next week. Am using it in all weather, including the hooligan of a hurricane over the last few days...its my main means of transport. All going well so far...the seat keeps coming unclipped at the front. Its currently amazingly dirty covered with pre-digested animal matter. I am testing the anti-corrosive properties to the full.

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Greetings from the North
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 09:24:59 AM »
Hi Mark - is that North of Watford, North of Carlisle (ah - no that's jockanese land of course) or somewhere in between.Glad your enjoying the bike - it is a good ride.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 04:53:18 PM »
If it's above the M25 its "OOP North". I get dizzy crossing over the Thames to watch Spurs in N.London :008: :008:
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 06:02:05 PM »
Hi Rocker66 - glad you found us OK. :028:
Keep meaning to trawl a few sites to find owners who might not know about this site and invite them on.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Markoncex

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 07:05:58 PM »
Trying not to let football take over but..Come on the Reds! My previous bike was a Varadero 1000 which I found too top heavy but ultra comfortable on tour. I hope the CR does the business. Like the look of the Storm hand guards. I only do 8k a year but in all weather and "oop north" (Lancashire coast) we get a lot. I live down a rough cart track and so far the CR has negotiated the potholes quite well if a little firm for my taste. Previously digested animal products abound and I suspect the hydrogen ion is already enjoying the taste of metal.

Some what disappointed over the the fuel tank range...filling up for comfort at 120 miles. My OCD tells me I am getting 40 miles per gallon, but I hope it will get better as the bike loosens up and as my confidence in the tank increases I can manage a day without a visit to a tax cow forecourt.

My dearly beloved, aka SWMBO, (you work it out) wont even try the pillion seat...she wants a GW! Did I do wrong?

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 07:24:47 PM »
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere