Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Givi tank bag  (Read 8114 times)

Offline gtb1102

• Crossrunner Member
Givi tank bag
on: April 06, 2013, 10:22:45 AM
Just fitted the Givi XS308 tank bag, birthday present from kids, on the Givi web site the CR doesn't have a tank lock bag listed but thought I'd take a chance & it fits perfect, just had to adjust towards seat slightly, just thought I'd share incase anyone else is in the market

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Cleobury
Re: Givi tank bag
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 01:49:23 PM
Let me know how you get on with it. I've tried two different bags tank bags on mine, and slow riding round town, it didn't take too much turn angle to foul the controls. I was sounding the horn, turning indicators on/off, switching hazard lights on every time I turned!! :151:
Moving the bag back stopped that but then it was too far back to see my map, phone etc.
Really need a high volume tank bag for an upcoming trip, so if anybody has any recommendations please let me know.

Offline gtb1102

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 05:09:00 PM
Hi slidy, I've been out today, no problems & tried to force bars into bag & again couldn't get switch gear to touch bag, hope that helps 
Cheers Gary

Offline GANE

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: Sibiu
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 06:56:07 PM
*Originally Posted by gtb1102 [+]
Hi slidy, I've been out today, no problems & tried to force bars into bag & again couldn't get switch gear to touch bag, hope that helps 
Cheers Gary
It looks nice. Can you make 1-2 more pictures? No wings with magnets!?
May I know what handguards you have? A pictures showing the in detail how are hey fixed...?
Thanks!

Offline TroggysRevenge

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 11:37:32 PM
The larger bags are almost out of the question. I had a medium sized Dririder from my old bike that won't go at all - the magnetic 'wings' sit on the plastic bits either side of the fuel tank, and the forward magnets sit on the (non-metallic) fuel filler. In short, it wasn't going to stay on!

I'm using a smaller Oxford bag now. Positioning it just right is fairly easy. I usually rely on voice commands from my GPS through a bluetooth headset anyway, but I can still see the screen by glancing straight down at it.

Offline gtb1102

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 08:38:40 AM
Hi Gane, bag is held on tank via a plastic ring fitted to petrol filler & sprung clasp on underside of bag as in photos, more detail on Givi web site

Offline gtb1102

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 08:43:52 AM
Hi Gane, hand guards are Storm produced by Barkbuster & fitted to bike by the handlebar end weights, hope picture explains, included picture of box to give you model number

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 01:57:42 PM
Thanks Gtb.
Just to make sure, I've found this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIVI-XS308-XSTREAM-RANGE-TANKLOCK-ENDURO-TANK-BUM-BAG-MOTORCYCLE-BIKE-LUGGAGE-/400460361549#vi-content

Is this the one you have? If so, did it come with everything you need to fit it?

This part of the description implies I need to buy a fitting kit separately(?)

"Please Note:- To fit this tank bag to you motorcycle a fitting plate is needed. Please check if your motorcycle is compatible by using the guide below. 

The following fitting kits are available... "

But this bit says the fitting system is included:

"Givi Tanklock Technology (with fitting system included) "

I may be having a senior moment, but just thought I'd check with somebody who has one!

Thanks
Slidy

Offline gtb1102

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 06:38:29 PM
Hi Slidy, yes you also need the Givi BF03 tank ring, they are also on eBay

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 08:12:58 PM
Thanks gtb, that's what I thought. . . . I'll get it ordered.

* Recent Topics