17 Sep 21, 20:46 PM

Author Topic: Helmet Bluetooth Kits  (Read 2539 times)

Offline ukbiker

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Silverwing600
  • City / Town: london
Helmet Bluetooth Kits
on: April 09, 2013, 12:22:21 PM
Hi All
I have decided to to get helmet bluetooth cummunication kit, not so sure which works best. also would the price to be reasonable.
Here are my requirements:
-Sat nav voice to come through to speakers
Pillion/rider chat.
accept or reject calls without removing helmet off
Bluetooth music streaming+audio jack input when required.
Good quality from helmet speakers.
Bike to bike communication with mates(the longer the distance the better)
Ideally usb charging.
I have been offered Midland BTx2, I know nothing about helmet cummunication.
I want a good quality unit that reliable with good battery life.
Thanks
Diria

Shaunomercy

Re: Helmet Bluetooth Kits
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 01:13:50 PM
Scala g4.  Top bit of kit.  On the crossrunner with stock screen and a shoei qwest I can hold a phone call at upto 70mph.
Works well for music and satnav. Also if a mate has same you can do bike to bike via bluetooth at upto a mile range. Firmware upgradeable. Stereo fm radio with rds and fully customizable when plugged into pc
Good battery life and water proof. Not shower proof.
Paul

Offline Will vZ

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X/Vulcan S
  • City / Town: Castel
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:13:43 PM
I have been running interphone units for a few years now. Currently have the F5 which works well. Will do pretty much everything you need, plus you can daisy chain up to five of them together (need to all be F5's though). The F4 is also a good unit.

Interphone also do a small pmr radio called a "tribe", which is a hands free Bluetooth two-way unit which you can pair up with any bluetooth headset. Because the radio is voice activated it takes a bit of getting used to, but if your mates are mainly using radios it means you can do either.

Hope this helps,
Will.

Offline TroggysRevenge

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 10:27:11 PM
I'm using the Sena SMH-10 bluetooth. It does everything you mentioned and also has voice activation of your mobile phone (how well it works depends on the type of phone you have - if you have an iPhone you should be able to use Siri). Sound quality is really good, and can also be heard clearly through earplugs. People who have called me on the phone can't believe that I'm riding a bike the quality is that good, and I can also conference my pillion into a phone call.

Offline ukbiker

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Silverwing600
  • City / Town: london
Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 12:13:08 PM
Hi All
wow there are so many to choose from, but to try not waist time going round and round trying to pick one,,,,,,so decided to keep it simple. so far like scala and Sena SMH-10, they seam to be at the top.
smh10 is user friendly for gloves and less bulky, but scala has higher spec for fute use. I am just concerned about its size, because when its fitted to helmet it rub on shoulder and come or restrict neck movement from side to side. when riding.
For now I will try to read about practical side of it, other than I am ok specs.
Will let you all know what thoughts are after using it for couple of days

Thanks