nordkapp

Views: 152
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst
IMG 2655

Views: 292
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from Kent  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Hi from Kent
« on: October 08, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »
Hi I'm a 64 year old Crossrunner owner from Asford in Kent England.I have currently done just over 5600 miles on this bike. As I have never held a car licence I also have an 09 Honda Deauville as my daily transport. I have always had bikes since my 16th birthday. I use my bikes to do a 75 mile round trip to work every day all the year round. I also use the Crossrunner for touring & just fun days out. My wife who also doesn't drive a car has a CBF1000FA & a much customised 600 Hornet.
I have 3 passions in my life my family my bikes and Tottenham Hotspur FC. Not always in that order :001: :001:
I guess thats all there is to say about me so now I look forward to enjoying this forum and swapping info with the members
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Hi from Kent
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 06:05:00 PM »
Hi - am only 61 so pardon me if I sound a bit juvenile from time to time. :018:
Scotland on the Crsoorunner - sounds magic - next year for sure plus over to Europe.
Is that a Givi tank bag u have got??
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 09:44:38 AM »
Hey Rocker66 - I assume the name tag denotes that you were into bikes as long ago as the mods/rocker era?
Were you @ Margate then?
I used to go down to the 59 club in London now and then around that time - did you ever get up there?

Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Crosrunner
  • City / Town: Essen
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 12:56:21 PM »
Hi,

welcome to the forum. :400:
You attached a great picture.

Here some pic of my Crossrunner standing in front of a lake in Essen (Germany)..very close to the home of Krupp :03

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 04:08:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by xrunjoe [+]
Hey Rocker66 - I assume the name tag denotes that you were into bikes as long ago as the mods/rocker era?
Were you @ Margate then?
I used to go down to the 59 club in London now and then around that time - did you ever get up there?
[/q
Yes I was at Margate & Brighton. In fact last week Sue & I went to a Mods & Rockers exhibition at Margate museum. Back in the old days I was on the committee of Ashford Aces MCC which linked with The 59 Club I was also a member of the 69 Club which Father Bill started in Dover when he left London.
One of our favourite weekends was to go to "Johnsons" near brands Hatch Saturday lunch time then on to the 559 Club for the evening. From there we would ride over to the tea stall on Chelsea Bridge and later to The Ace which was open all night. Sunday we would ride back to Johnsons for lunch then home for some well earned kip before work on Monday. Oh to be young again and have that sort of stamina :002:
Sorry to go on at length and I hope that it was not too boring
Audere est Facere

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 10:56:17 PM »
Not boring at all - I was a real youngster at the time and remember the first time we went down to the 59 club. We got to the old White City easy enough but then were lost. Some guys in leather jackets , blue jeans, white scarves wearing the round black 59 badge rolled up alongside at some traffic lights and one of our blokes shouted "follow them" as the lights went to green and they roared away. We lost track of them pretty quick I must admitt.
Still see lots of the 59 badges around Northampton - particularly @ Jack's Hill Cafe which has always been a bike meeting place.
Long time ago - but good times though.
Take care. :028:

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 10:27:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by xrunjoe [+]
Were you @ Margate then?

In fact I have been into bikes before the term Rocker came into use. In those days we were known as Ton Up Boys or Coffeebarcowboys for obvious reasons.Mind you the police and some other older people had other names for us :008:
I bought my first bike a 1959 BSA C15 250cc single just before my 16th birthday and as soon as that great day came I was on the road.That was way back on the 13th February 1963 and I have never been without at least one bike since.
during that time i have never held a car licence.
Audere est Facere

recent