Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Gidday  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Big George

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2012 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Auckland
Gidday
on: May 30, 2013, 04:37:14 AM
English bloke living in NZ who has a 2012 Crossrunner - cherry red. Not many crossrunners in NZ, or is it just me ? Had mine for just over 12 months now from new and wouldn't you know it, had just cleaned it and was congratulating myself that it still looked brand new, it started raining, pushed it under cover, slipped and it fell on top of me and a wall. Full of gas so I couldn't lift it. Damaged the red and the grey side panel. Not too badly but enough to thoroughly piss me off. I knew a repair would be expensive (about $800) so I am just living with it at the moment  :023:

Anyhow, good to finally get onto a site with like minded cross-dressers, errrr, sorry, runners.

Offline uoorns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: northampton
Re: Gidday
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 08:24:41 AM
Welcome BG.

That is so annoying. Anyone of us could do it - bad luck. When I read the websites that advertise/promote motorcycle rental in NZ it seems to me you have the perfect bike for the country.

John
hornetsfan

Offline gtb1102

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 08:26:43 AM
Welcome, big George, my little bro lives in Hamilton so have visited a few times, some great roads but can't say I've come across many bikes? Hope you get the damage fixed quick, easily done
Gary

Offline kiko

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: CR
  • City / Town: Toledo
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 04:15:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Big George.
Kiko

Offline Big George

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2012 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Auckland
Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 10:49:23 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.

Yep, I'd have to agree that having run a CBR1000, Super Tenere and an old MTX200 in the UK, every single one of which someone attempted to steal, it is a little more bike friendly in NZ. Fewer cars, almost as many roads (ish) but sadly, a large number of dicks on the road too (of the 4 wheeled variety). Just got rid of an R1200GS which is probably the ideal bike for NZ as there's quite a lot of unsealed out here. On the subject of which, pleasing, or not pleasing to see a number of people with a distaste for Scorpion tyres on the forum. Think I will be looking at the suggested upgrades.

Offline lenny w

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: knot end on sea
Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 12:11:10 PM
Hello BG and  :400: to the forum  :031:
Don't Ride Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly.
Mods so far
Beowulf warrior end can, Puig touring screen, r&g bar end weights, r&g swing arm protector, Pazzo shorty levers, Givi top box and rack,Oxford heated grips, Rim tape, Zumo 220 sat nav, Baglux tank cover