17 Oct 21, 15:54 PM

Author Topic: headlight wire colours  (Read 2611 times)

Offline psteel

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Gateshead
headlight wire colours
on: June 02, 2013, 03:34:12 PM
I am proposing to feed off my headlight wires for my R&G Heated Grips ( I may even splice some Bulllets in there too!).  First of all,  is this a good idea or does anyone have a better plan?
The wires feeding the headlight are green/black and white/blue, can anyone tell me which is which and is there anywhere out there where I could find a wiring diagram for future reference?

Thanks for your help

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: headlight wire colours
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 10:59:20 PM
I wouldn't.  If it all gets too hot and pops a fuse your headlights will go out. This would be inconvenient at night.

Offline crok

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: tiger800 vn900
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 09:41:56 AM
fitted R&G grips to my cbf. took a switched live feed from the front brake connector. if you use a piggy back spade connector you pull off the lead, fit the piggy back connector, reconnect your brake lead and you're left with a spare spade for the heated grips. that way you don't cut into any original wiring. my R&G grips drew 3A on max, more than brake lights but honda dealer thought that was OK.

other way would be to go straight from the battery. again you leave all original wiring untouched, no probem with max current, but you could leave the grips switched on! unless you fit a relay too (which could come from the front brake light) ...
Davy

Offline psteel

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Gateshead
Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 02:11:45 PM
Brilliant!!  Thanks very much for your help, wish I'd thought of that.

recent