Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Scotland  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Cleobury
Scotland
on: June 17, 2013, 09:19:15 AM
Iconic shot of Eilean Donan castle from our Scotland tour, and one showing how it looks loaded. With the addition of a small dry bag on top for our wet weather gear, that should be more than enough carrying capacity for our European jaunt in August.
Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:07:45 AM by Slidy

Offline kiko

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: CR
  • City / Town: Toledo
Re: Scotland
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 12:12:38 PM
Nice the iconic castle picture.

Thanks.

Good trip.

Offline SwissVFR

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 87VFR + 2011CR
  • City / Town: St-Legier
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 11:09:46 PM
Nice iconic weather too...  :008:   --sv

Offline Cripes

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: KTM 390 Duke
  • City / Town: Chester
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 05:35:08 PM
And just to prove it isn't always "dreich" weather in Bonnie Scotland, here's a few pics from my recent blast to Skye.

And here's a pic on a single track road around Altnaharra - a beautiful, bleak landscape in the Highlands.

It was the best biking weather I've ever experienced in the UK, warm, sunny and no wind. Even the Scottish midges were otherwise engaged, and the roads are quite simply, amongst the best in the world...

The only issue over the 850 miles we travelled over two days, was the slight discomfort from the CR seat. I've ordered a replacement cover from Melvin at http://www.cmseats.com. It's due to arrive any day, so I'll post up a write up on first impressions, with the definitive verdict after my next big adventure to Campbeltown in July....

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Cleobury
Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 05:41:29 PM
Apart from the 1 hour downpour we had at Eilean Donan, the weather was great for us too. Here is one taken 1 hour later on Skye.

I know what you mean about comfort Cripes. 1,350 miles in 5 days was easy for the bike, but got a bit numb towards the end of each day. I did mention a gel seat to the Mrs, but She came up with a cheaper plan . . . Ive now got to lose 2 stone before our 13 country trip in August!!! :005:
Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:44:49 PM by Slidy

Offline Kurare79

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800 X
  • City / Town: Freiburg
Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 06:13:40 AM
Wonderful landscape - great pictures! Never had been in Scotland, but i think i'm going to put in on my Places-To-Be-Before-You-Die-List  :047: