Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Camouflage Crossrunner  (Read 3398 times)

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Cleobury
Camouflage Crossrunner
on: July 05, 2013, 02:54:13 PM
Is it just me, or when you see the Camouflage paintwork, do you think, Why?

Why would you want to blend in with the road, and not stand out and be seen?

Imagine a car driver coming up to a junction, having a quick look both ways. He is looking up a road which is various shades of grey and black, with white road markings. Add to that, the usual black clothing, (I know lots of people wear high viz/different coloured clothing and helmets, but black is very common) and, in my mind, you are seriously cutting down his chances of seeing you.

Just a thought . . .

Offline gerrymac

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: corby
Re: Camouflage Crossrunner
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 02:07:54 AM
Maybe thats why they put orange reflectors on the side of the front forks so the gray camo finish can be seen on the road......I take your point about the New CR colour although I do like it.....Cheers...

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800-X (2012)
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 11:13:56 AM
I think the reflectors on the forks are specific to the upside down folks in Aussie land, I'm sure one of the Australian owners said something about that a while ago.

As to camo, from the front probably no less visible than any other bike, from the side not likely to affect visibility as camo is to break up the outline and the camo paint doesn't extend to the edges of the bike so won't actually work to make it invisible.

Still a bloody silly marketing gimmick.

On a sort of related not it's about time the horn on, all manufacturers, bikes was made so that it can actually be heard instead of sounding like it's off a toy car.  Something to actually wake up the dozy drivers, and riders, out there that make life hell.

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 10:38:15 AM
I have the camo....it looks awesome.