Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Gear Indicator  (Read 3400 times)

Offline jj welly

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: welwyn garden ci
Gear Indicator
on: July 20, 2013, 08:00:11 PM
 Anyone fitted a gear selector to their CR? Would it be a easy job?

Offline jj welly

• Crossrunner Member
Re: Gear Indicator
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 05:34:35 AM
 :087: sorry I mean gear indicator

Offline crok

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: tiger800 vn900
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 09:01:47 PM
I'm sure this came up before ... think I responded at the time.

I fitted a GPI-DS (Healtech) to my CBF600SA, just need to find the diagnostic socket (DS) and it plugs in. Then you have to route the cable to the instrument area and choose where to stick the display. Once fitted you run the bike and go through the gears while the GPI 'learns' the gear ratios. Easiest to do on a paddock stand but you can do it on the road. I think someone else reported back where to find the DS, from memory under the seat general area??

The advantage of the DS version is that you don't cut into the wiring, which to me is a pretty big advantage.
Davy

Offline jj welly

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 06:06:22 AM
Thanks Crok, had a look under seat yesterday and found a spare terminal block, hoping this is the DS, I've seen a GPI on EBAY for about £90 made by Puig, so I'm considering getting one.
Think they should come as standard as the last two gears on my Crossrunner are very close, so keep running it in 5th when there's another gear to go :034:

Offline crok

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: tiger800 vn900
Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 10:02:14 AM
found the previous thread about this, with any luck I can copy in a link below, lets see ...

https://www.honda-crossrunner.com/index.php/topic,687.0.html
Davy

Offline Flieger

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: XRunner
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 11:30:07 AM
Hi
i fitted this one:

http://healtech-electronics.de/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=96&category_id=55&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

It´s a plug and play solution, no additional cables, the main work is to hide the cable on its way from the front to the service plug under the seat.
It worked perfectly from the first second, calibration is a matter of a minute on a straight half mile road.