Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Seat front bracket unclipped problem?  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Alkie

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Centurion
Seat front bracket unclipped problem?
on: September 05, 2013, 06:15:45 AM
Hi,

I need some help.

First of all I try not to take off my seat at all, it's quite a mission to get the seat on again. Maybe some practise will make it better although I really don't need to.

What I did manage to notice is the amount of strain on the bracket in front (where your knees are). You can see the seat tries to pull away from the body.

Only problem with that is, if I am on a road with loads of speed bumps or quite uneven the seat tends to unclipped from those brackets.

It's quite irritating and I don't know if it's a manufacture problem or something I am doing wrong?

Please advice.

Offline Cripes

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: KTM 390 Duke
  • City / Town: Chester
Re: Seat front bracket unclipped problem?
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 07:27:48 AM
I agree, the removal and reinstallation of the seat is by no means a slick procedure - just like the gaps and flex in the dash, it's plain wonky!

I have the same issue with the front seat clips not keeping their position. As I bought mine secondhand I don't know whether it's wear and tear or bad design.

To fix it, you could slip on a little extension 'cap' or bracket perhaps?

Offline Alkie

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Centurion
Re: Seat front bracket unclipped problem?
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 09:01:16 AM
There must be something I can do to extend the bracket like you suggested.

I would say it's a design flaw. Honda do not really keep stock on the cr here. You have to order.

If I could have a look at a new one's seat and brackets, I might spot a problem with mine and they can replace it with the warranty without me tampering.

Although wear and tear seems to cause the same issue, so the solution will only be temporally.

recent