Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Norway calling  (Read 2965 times)

Offline visage

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Oslo
Norway calling
on: September 08, 2013, 07:02:45 AM
Hi all!

I'm Sven from Oslo, Norway.

Been a silent member since I bought my brand new (although MY2012) CR in june this year, traded in my 2011 Hornet. I totally love the CR, I've ran it 5000 km up until now. Last monday, running 100 km/h at the highway, I crashed with a rim which maybe felt off from someones trailer or whatever. After hitting it I jumped a couple of feet, the engine stopped, and I "slowly" got to the side of the road. The bike wast sent to my dealer, and a whole lot has to be replaced with new parts. Underside of the engine, the exhaust, front rim and both tyres, right side panels, and a bunch of small bits. The whole bike was covered in oil and has to be totally aparted and cleaned.

Can't wait until I get it back, the dealer says probably in 10 days from now, fingers crossed! ;)
Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:45:39 PM by visage

Offline crok

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: tiger800 vn900
Re: Norway calling
Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 10:10:59 AM
hope you get sorted soon, and well done staying on the bike ... doesn't sound very nice!
Davy

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • City / Town: Andover
Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 11:21:30 AM
Well done for keeping upright!!! That could have been very nasty.

Hope you are insured as sounds very expensive, let us know when you are back on the road.

Offline visage

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 12:35:26 PM
Thanks guys, I'll let you know when I'm back on. Can't stand commuting on four wheels at this indian summertime we have in southern part of Norway!

Here's a pic of the engine underside after the crash...

Offline kiko

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: CR
  • City / Town: Toledo
Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 06:34:33 PM
Terribly sorry Sven

Kiko

Offline visage

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 02:24:54 PM
Finally, early this morning I went by train to my dealer to pick up my CR after the crash. They've done a fantastic job, and the total cost for the repair was £5500 (keep in mind that a new CR costs £16000 in Norway). They put on Metzeler Tourance NEXT on both wheels, and after riding them home (200km) I'm in heaven. What a fantastic tire. Feels like glued to the tarmac, tremendous feedback, and has fabulous stability on the highway. I recommend trying them out! :)

Gotta go, have to take it out for another trip! :046:

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • City / Town: Andover
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 09:05:38 PM
£16,000 !!!!!! Jeezy creezy  :005:

Painkiller

Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 06:02:14 AM
Goodmorning Sven.

My name is Paris and I am from  Cyprus. Hope everything is ok with the bike.

I wanted to ask you how did you find the CR in relation to the Hornet. I am a Hornet owner end extremely happy with my bike. I am really interested to know how do you compare these two.

Cheers.

Offline visage

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 06:10:41 AM
Hi Paris.

I find the CR a whole lot more comfy in riding position, and I love to be sheltered from the weather. The engine is beautiful, the only thing you loose from the Hornet is the friggin wild times when revs were 9500+ rpm. :)

I was in doubt when changing to the CR, but after 3 days I couldn't even think about going back!

Go for it! :)

Painkiller

Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 08:43:12 AM
Hi Sven!

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am fighting to let go of my Hornet. Such a great machine. Great commuting great Sunday fun on the mountains.

I will eventualy go for the CR. Havent had the chance to drive one, but I I know the Vtec very well, great machine no breakdowns full of torque.

I will keep you updated.

recent