Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: CRUISE CONTROL ANYONE?  (Read 3013 times)

Offline merlot

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: vfr800x
  • City / Town: triabunna
CRUISE CONTROL ANYONE?
on: September 11, 2013, 04:53:46 AM
now that ive got my footpegs sorted  :047: (the 2011 pegs are identical to the pegs on a VFR 800 by the way :076:) im looking to a ride to the gold coast tomorrow  :156: its 1000 klicks or so  :038:

problem is my right forearm starts to feel like popeyes after a couple of hours :151:
so i pulled the left side panel off (the small grey one) and behind it is the place where the throttle cables pull.i removed the centre nut and with a little jiggling i managed to remove the coil spring which rerturns the throttle body to idle :164:

the plan was to get rid of the rat trap spring and replace it with a tension spring which wasnt so strong :084:

but lucky me....when i put the cables back on and tested the throttle it was around half as strong but still returns to idle, there must be another spring in there somewhere :084:...a susequent ride proved it (i thought it may hang open when it got going, or stick or worse....but no ,its sweet :037:

im not suggesting anyone else mess with their throttle return as its obviously a safety feature :182:,also the centre nut is painted white so warranty would be an issue, but im a little older and need all the comfort i can get while touring :026:

so now im looking at cruise control
has anyone fitted one?.....im about to go out and try the o ring method now that ive got a soft throttle as i still need help for the run

cheers     russ
2011 cr..boewulf can..storm handguards..honda heated grips..honda centre stand..2013 peg conversion..throttle body return spring removed..ventura rack

Offline merlot

• Crossrunner Member
Re: CRUISE CONTROL ANYONE?
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 08:39:35 AM
well the o ring cruise worked a treat  :047:...im not a fan of it coz its too difficult to disable :005: and i doubt it would work with orig throttle spring return being so strong :084: but i will live with it till i source a better arrangement :031:
will try to post pics
2011 cr..boewulf can..storm handguards..honda heated grips..honda centre stand..2013 peg conversion..throttle body return spring removed..ventura rack

Offline merlot

• Crossrunner Member
Re: CRUISE CONTROL ANYONE?
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 09:50:55 PM
well my 'merlot mod' (throttle body spring removal) proved to be an absolute winner....after 14 hrs in the saddle the throttle was an absolute joy to use..and no pain between the shoulder blades :047:

the throttle lock 'o' ring was so good that i wont be looking for any other system...sure the revs backed off after a few mins and quicker if the road was bumpy, but overall it gave me heaps of time to rest my right hand :037:

the beauty of it is that mods only take a few mins..they cost nothing and are 100% reversable :026:

pegs were great too...if i still felt cramped i was going to source some highway pegs to give knees a rest but no need...ride position is now completely neutral :020: