Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Tyres and ride quality  (Read 3809 times)

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Tyres and ride quality
on: September 15, 2013, 08:10:56 AM
I thought I'd start a new thread here to run in parallel with my 'harsh forks' thread.

I have PR3s fitted & the bike has always felt harsh on the front.
After comparing with Paul's CR on OE tyres & the difference in ride quality is significant.

Does anyone have any experiences of poor ride quality after fitting another set of tyres?

Phil

Offline pcr

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X & ZZR140
  • City / Town: south yorks
Re: Tyres and ride quality
Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 11:28:20 AM
 :087: :087:I have a 2015 and have always found front end harsh as a desperate move I screwed front fork adjustment up to maximum and its improved it a lot, also rear adjustment is screwed up to max but I always ride two up.

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800-X (2012)
  • City / Town: Reading
Re: Tyres and ride quality
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 06:47:46 AM
*Originally Posted by DetourPhil [+]
After comparing with Paul's CR on OE tyres & the difference in ride quality is significant.

Is it the original or Mk2 runner?  Could be difference in Tyre pressure as well.  Remember the original runner had lower tyre pressure ( 33/36 ) although most changed to the standard 36/42 after testing as the lower pressure was a bit wallowy.

Sometime when I get mine back from service the pressures have been set to original pressure.  The first time this happened I wondered what had happened, until I checked the pressures  :002:

I'm running Angel GT's ( 36/42 ) and from what I remember they are similar to PR3's and the Scorpions.
Very happy with the Angel's and will be fitting the same again.
Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 06:50:01 AM by Cornersruns

recent