Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Rear caliper  (Read 2080 times)

Offline ukbiker

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Silverwing600
  • City / Town: london
Rear caliper
on: October 07, 2013, 07:40:31 PM
 :230:
Hi all
I thought I would share this with you.
I have had my crossrunner since nov 2012,,,,I recently noticed that av MPL had drastically gone down.....and today realised brakes were sticking.....after quick check, caliper is sticking/siezed, pad are completely gone.....going to order new pads and see how it goes.
new bike with calliper sticking does not sound good.
Diria

Offline Crow

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bikes are not just for sunny Sundays
  • City / Town: Afton Down
Re: Rear caliper
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 11:53:40 PM
Be careful who you order from as most suppliers are selling the wrong brake pads for the Crossrunner, I now have several sets of Vfr750 fv pads  :023:
2012 Crossrunner
1969 T120 Bonneville

Offline Zoser

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Jersey UK
Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 02:18:33 PM
*Originally Posted by ukbiker [+]
:230:
Hi all
I thought I would share this with you.
I have had my crossrunner since nov 2012,,,,I recently noticed that av MPL had drastically gone down.....and today realised brakes were sticking.....after quick check, caliper is sticking/siezed, pad are completely gone.....going to order new pads and see how it goes.
new bike with calliper sticking does not sound good.
Diria

I wonder if the sliders needed greasing.  I just watched a youtube clip where a guy changed his rear pads.  Taking off the muffler, removing the wheel, access to the caliper is easy.  He did not grease the sliders though which is what I wanted to see.  Anyone done this yet?

Offline Scimitar

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Pulborough
Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 07:20:01 PM
I have not done this yet on the CR. But I definitely always grease the sliders. This improves the calliper operation and protects against weather attack.
It is generally considered best to avoid Coppergrease these days, since this has been known to affect ABS sensors.
Use one of the many modern pad/calliper greases marketed by the brake manufacturers.
For example:-
https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/pagid-ceratec-brake-lube-75ml-grease-526770250
Who in their right mind would design a vehicle that falls over when it stops?

* Recent Topics