Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Updated footpegs  (Read 12368 times)

Painkiller

Updated footpegs
on: November 04, 2013, 01:38:27 PM
Hi all.

Some may now I am in the process of buying a CR. Does anyone know from which point on they changed the footpegs? I know they did it from the 2013 model and on. A bike with production date 1/2013 has for sure the upgraded pegs?

Offline crok

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: tiger800 vn900
Re: Updated footpegs
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 09:19:03 PM
I don't know if that production date will be to new or old spec.

There is a big difference, some riders will like the original pegs, others will prefer the new position (as I do), so make sure you get the one you want!

The easy way to tell is by the gear lever, the old spec has it pivoted at the front and the new spec has it pivoted at the back. This makes sense as the new spec has pegs mounted further forward. A lot forward and a bit lower in fact.
Davy

Painkiller

Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 06:09:57 AM
Thank you.

My options are limited. Is either a stock white one with the old foodpegs or a stock  matt silver (comouflage) with the new foodpegs. I can get either at 11.000euros, which is a very good price. If I dont I can order any colour but it will cost me more (about 12.000)........

Am going with the matt silver I think. I have some reservations for the colour, but I can always paint it!

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 06:19:46 AM
I was going to get the white but with full luggage it looks kinda police bike-ish. I bought the camo and think it looks great. I have rearset (old style) pegs and find them ok.

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 07:18:42 AM
I must admit to really liking the upright seating position with the high rear mounted pegs but you have to ho with what suits you best, maybe better resale on the later/updated model?
The cammo is kinda cool!

Painkiller

Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 08:19:51 AM
Cammo looks great, but I am not sure if am gonna like it in two or three years. I would prefer the black, but I didnt have the chance to see one in flesh.

Offline crok

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: tiger800 vn900
Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 09:53:11 AM
I think you can take off the camo transfers leaving just silver, someone here did that and was pleased with the result.

Davy

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 10:04:58 AM
Regardless of color and peg location this v4 is a great ride.

Painkiller

Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 10:33:19 AM
Absolutely agree on the ride.
As far as the cammo can i take it off? If i realise its a kind of sticker? Didnt notice that.

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 10:49:32 AM
It may surprise you to know they are decals....not hand painted by a skilled Japanese artisan.