From Turkiye

Views: 84
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums
nordkapp

Views: 248
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Side Deflectors & High Windscreen  (Read 13902 times)

Offline SVChang

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Kuala Lumpur
Side Deflectors & High Windscreen
« on: October 19, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »
Those who intent to purchase the side deflectors and high windscreen.... Please take note !
I have got the above, but when I read through the instruction manual, I found an addendum page in the side deflectors manual which stated that high windscreen shall not be used in combination with the side deflectors.... but no explanation is given !
No one seems able to answer me on this from the dealer side. Honda in my country did not bring in the superbike series, they only deal with small bikes. I got my crossrunner from a bike importer.
Any one here would kind enough to help in finding out the reason ? Is there any risk involve ?
Thanks a lot...

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Side Deflectors & High Windscreen
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
Intresting - not sure what the answer is - some say that the taller screen creates a lot of turbulence - maybe adding the side deflectors creates even more - to the xtent that they simply don't work in combination at all. As you say - could even affect overall stability - Honda did a lot of wind testing on this bike I seem to recall - so they must know what they are talking about.

Did you fit them yourself as add ons?? If so be careful that you are not contravening warranty or insurance by going against Honda's warning!!

Will see if anyone in Honda UK knows why you should not have both - but this may take time as they are pretty slow replying to enquiries.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:03:34 PM by xrunjoe »
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 03:30:05 PM »
Just spoke to a Honda dealer who said that as the side deflectors are only held in place by double sided sticky tape (which sticks them onto the plastic side pods) maybe the turbulence created by the taller screen could ,over time, cause the side protectors to be blown off.

This could be why Honda NV (Holland) say "don't fit them together". Sounds sensible - he felt no way would it be a safety issue.

Hope this helps.

Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Crosrunner
  • City / Town: Essen
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
Hi,

interesting is also,what kind advantage the site deflectors have if they installed alone.
The higher Windscreen is clear to have better windprotection at body and head.

Br
Guido

Offline SVChang

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 10:48:21 AM »
Hi all,

From my riding experience on this bike, my legs are actually difficult to stay close to the bike body due to the wind flow, especially on a long touring. My touring speed on highway is in the 160-180 km/h range, the strong wind will affects my legs position. In this case, the side deflectors does its job well.

Thanks for your kind attention on this matter.

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 11:46:48 AM »
SV - is it possible for you to post up some photos of your bike which show how the side deflectors look - one from front, side and rear view if possible.

Offline SVChang

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 06:49:21 AM »
Ok, will take some pic. when I get the bike back from service workshop.

Offline Kawat

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Montijo
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
Hello to everyone!   :002:   I find it curious that doubts about the use of the  High screen together with the side deflectors because  when I got my crossrunner sent immediately install these extras and I have no reasons for complaints about the stability of the bike.

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »
Mystery isn't it - only Honda know the truth - and getting that from them might be hard work.
Have u tried their Customer Relations people - I rang UK and they were no help - got a dealer to ring me - and they didn't know either.
I don't think its about stability of bike - more that the side deflectors could be pulled off by wind turbulence created by the screen which does have a different shape at side/bottom than normal one and so could cause this problem.

Shaunomercy

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 04:03:10 PM »
bit the bullet today and ordered the side air deflectors..
i bought them from the dealer i bought my cr from and got a nice discount too. 

will report back how good they are but the supplying dealer says their latest demo has them and they make a considerable difference.

paul