Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Dashboard plastic  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Massimino

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Rome
Dashboard plastic
on: November 22, 2013, 03:46:24 PM
Hi there and sorry for (hope no but I have to check my words here), my little english.

As I wrote in the subject the matter is about the plastic around the instruments, the dashboard: my C.R. has a large space between the plastic and the frame that is the stand for the instruments (try to take a look at the,not good, picture here :

I take dust and water from there !!!!

I contacted my dealer and through the Honda service they helped me...but they changed the front frame which is the frame for the light group and not for the instrument !!! The in front frame has a totally different position: the dashboard is upright and not connected to it).

So, right now, Honda Service is confused about the real matter explained from the dealer while my dealer said me that if Honda sent us that frame (the front one), is right to change it.

Finally I still have the very large plastic around instruments: what about yours?

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: Dashboard plastic
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 08:48:50 PM
Mine has inconsistent gap also. I poked it about a few times then chose to ignore it.

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800-X (2012)
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 12:12:52 PM
Yes gap is large and the surround is not very well fixed, it flexes quite easily.

Honda put a really cheap instrument cluster that was found in the bottom of the parts bin.  I wish they had used the VFR800 instruments.

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 01:00:58 PM
I don't mind it...lcd is the way forward...compact light big numerals to read.
The tach is hard to see but it stops pulling at 11 so change gear.
Given it made for gravel (bumpy) roads less moving parts is a plus.
Ever seen how the needles in your instruments vibe around on deeply corrugated roads.
The VFR clocks would be a biguheavy lump up on that tall binnacle.
Embrace the difference!

recent