Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Show us your Handguards  (Read 6923 times)

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Show us your Handguards
on: December 04, 2013, 07:05:02 PM
Hi, I know there's a recent post with info about screens and handguards but thought it could be beneficial to have a thread dedicated to the various handguards available.

So what do you have fitted, how do they attach to the bar & how do you rate them?

Phil

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Andover
Re: Show us your Handguards
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 03:23:51 PM
Phil

Seems people are a bit shy!!  :038: don't worry though I have just ordered some barkbuster storms and will gladly show you next week when fitted.

John

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 03:57:28 PM
*Originally Posted by leathers999 [+]
Phil

Seems people are a bit shy!!  :038: don't worry though I have just ordered some barkbuster storms and will gladly show you next week when fitted.

John

Cheers John,
Yeah responses have been a bit thin on the ground!
The Storms look good, I'm not sure how the inner end attaches to the bar, I don't fancy chopping the plastic shroud.

I also like the look of the Acerbis Dual Roads.

Let us know how you get on.

Phil

Offline Black Jack

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 05:30:09 PM
I've fitted the Barkbuster 'Storms' - which was easier to do than post photographs on here. They are plastic guards mounted on a single aluminium 'backbone' - which has to be tweaked (bent) slightly in order to clear the instrument 'pod' on full-lock. There is no need to cut the plastic and they come with an assortment of fittings. They replace the bar-end weights and screw directly into the existing handlebar. There is no other handlebar attachment with the 'Storms' - which wouldn't work in any case with the standard XRunner bars - but they seem secure enough to me. They may rotate in the event of a fall, but are designed for weather protection rather than full impact protection.

PS: Here's a link to xrunjoe's thread with photos:

https://www.honda-crossrunner.com/index.php?topic=57.0
Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:17:17 AM by Black Jack

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 08:03:36 PM
Just fitted Barkbuster Stroms to theCR and they look gooooood! :047:

Blackjack - confused re your comments regarding bar ends, I took off bar end, used the replacement longer screw that comes with the kit and put back on original bar end with the aluminium spine outside, works well and fits a treat  :152:

Offline Black Jack

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 09:08:46 AM
I took the original bar-end weights off and fitted the Barkbuster spacer and fittings directly into the threaded section that remained in the bar. There may be other, equally effective, ways of fitting the Storms; but either way, you're right - they do look good and they work.

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 11:33:00 AM
UPDATE  decided to look at the drawings again this morning and fitted them properly (ala Black Jack) D'oh!!  Much better  :174:  :138:

Offline Black Jack

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 12:05:29 PM
*Originally Posted by leathers999 [+]
UPDATE  decided to look at the drawings again this morning and fitted them properly (ala Black Jack) D'oh!!  Much better  :174:  :138:

Hi John - I've reached the age that, when I wander off out to the garage to tinker with something, unless I take the plans with me I'll have forgotten what it was I had intended to tinker with by the time I get there.

Bob

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 01:12:38 PM
Know the feeling!!

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 06:04:47 PM
OK just been for a ride for the first time since I've fitted the handguards. They definitely keep an awful lot of wind off your hands but is it just me as I seem to have a lot more wind on my shoulders and chin!! Anyone else get this ?

* Recent Topics

recent