Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Just joined  (Read 2037 times)

Offline ExceledSteve

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: SunburyOnThames
Just joined
on: January 28, 2014, 12:35:15 PM
Hi folks, I've just joined the forum as I'm seriously thinking of buying a Crossrunner. I'd be interested in the good and bad from current owners who know this bike. Also, any strong feelings about fitting an Akrapovic slip-on can? (The bike I'm looking at doesn't have the original can but a rather ratty looking after market one which I'd rather replace).

Cheers... Steve

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Re: Just joined
Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:35:00 PM
Hi Steve and welcome.
The Crossrunner is a fantastic real world rosd bike that is day long comfortable.
I have suffered from a harsh ride at the front - now hopefully sorted but this isn't the norm. Still love it though ;)

Phil

Offline ExceledSteve

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: SunburyOnThames
Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:16:41 PM
Thanks Phil. I've gone ahead and bought one second hand. Should get it next week. How was the front end sorted on yours?

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 10:02:45 PM
After repeated stripdowns, the only thing causing any stiction whatsoever was the fork seals.

I removed the upper seal 'grip spring' and put it in the lower springs position.

The top spring is much weaker than the lower one.

Still under trial, if/when I am satisfied that I have cured the harshness, I'll post a 'how to' in the relevant thread.

I'm still unsure as to why mine rides so harshly compared to others....

Phil

recent