Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: newbie from lancashire UK  (Read 4089 times)

Offline ade

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Preston
newbie from lancashire UK
on: February 04, 2014, 08:42:38 PM
Greetings to you all.

I bought mine new almost 2 years ago and can only tell you what you already know - a cracking real world bike that does it all....

Used mainly for touring with the Lakes/Dales, Wales and a European trip to the Black Forest undertaken so far.  But much more free time this year so a Black Forest/Alps trip is currently being planned for June 2014.

The warranty expired a few weeks ago and so far no problems with the bike, only a pannier that leaked and this was promptly replaced free of charge. 

Today I dropped off my seat at the trimmers, to be recovered with a nonslip cover, so will post some pictures of the bike when I get it back. 

So Cheers and ride safe

Offline ExceledSteve

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: SunburyOnThames
Re: newbie from lancashire UK
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 07:05:12 AM
Hi Ade, picked mine up yesterday and was caught out by the slippery seat. It's something I think needs sorting and I'd be interested to know how yours looks and performs after it's done.
Cheers... Steve

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 10:41:10 AM
Hi Ade and welcome.
My 'non slippy' seat is a nice improvement over stock.

Not sure if you are after trip ideas but why not go that bit further - the Italian Dolomites are my favourite.w anywhere around Cortina or Canzai makes a great base ;)

Phil

Offline ade

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X
Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 09:27:30 PM
Thanks for that chaps.

+1 on the Dolomites Phil, not been there since 2007 so it's always a possibility.  I do fancy Slovenia though, so any good routes or overnight suggestions would be most welcome..anyone??  Ade

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Cleobury
Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:36:28 PM
We followed the Alps east, Dolomites, Julian Alps in Slovenia, then up through Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, and Poland before heading back west. The whole mountains part of the trip was good, but in particular, Slovenia blew me away! The Triglav National park is stunning, with great quiet roads all around it. Loads of biker friendly places to stay too. If we hadn't needed to get to Hungary to meet up with friends we would definitely have stayed longer!

http://www.tnp.si/national_park/

There are not that many roads, so you can't get lost, but give us a shout if you want to know the route we took.

Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:26:29 PM by Slidy

Offline Mr.madonsims

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda crossrunne
Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 05:08:31 PM
Preston must now have the most cts in England picking mine up on the 1st have a 1200 bandit now road tested a nc750 but went for the nc have you fitted any accessories to yours since getting it

Offline Mr.madonsims

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda crossrunne
Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 08:27:30 PM
Sorry went for the cr

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 01:33:59 AM
These destinations sound great....but so far away.

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Cleobury
Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 01:24:58 PM
You have some of the best riding roads and conditions in the world Jimbo. Wind it up on the great ocean road, or just pose around St Kilda.
I'd love to make it back out there, and this time ride it! As a (mature) backpacker a few years back I was living over the road from Vic Market, and driving a 10 tonne truck/house removals for a bit of cash . . . . Good times!

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 12:36:14 AM
Quite right Slidy.....beer and live music at the Espy?
We actually stay away from the GOR...strict 80kph limits and tour busses!
If you ever return try East Gippsland...Bonang Hwy..Mitta Mitta Road. Great riding for sure.
Cheers
Jimbo

recent