Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: mcn  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Mr.madonsims

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda crossrunne
  • City / Town: Preston
mcn
on: March 07, 2014, 08:57:20 PM
I see mcn are at it again giving the cr a crap report if not German its no good i mean if i wanted a trail bike i would buy an old yamaha 500 xt

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Re: mcn
Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 09:28:15 PM
I stopped reading mcn ages ago, may have a browse if a neighbour gives me his old copy.

It would be interesting to know wht they felt the cr fell short. Was it a group test?

Phil

Offline Mr.madonsims

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda crossrunne
  • City / Town: Preston
Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 10:39:40 PM
Yes up against the new v strom the versy and the triumph. To me you only have to look at the profile pictures to see how alike the suzuki, kawaski and triumph are and how better looking the honda is. Before I bought the honda I looked around for three months at all these bikes much to the dismay of the misses and found them all lacking in some way or another, but I suppose each to there own. It just annoys me that in one breath mcn say one thing after a test of the honda back in 2011, then a completely different wright up this time

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:09:12 AM
I'll try and get a read in the local shop before Wednesday!

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 08:46:23 PM
I would love to see that review.
None of those machines have Hondas magnificent V4 quality.
The Suzuki is a much newer 1000cc machine so it may have power advantage.
The Triumph is great on paper...but when I demoed one for a weekend it didn't excite me at all.
The Kawasaki is tiny...you couldn't load it with a full box set and your wife and be comfortable.
It all depends on assessment criteria.

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 12:06:00 PM
Just downloaded and read review.
Testing 800cc CR against litre units is silly...comments about handling are nonsense.

Offline TroggysRevenge

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 12:05:45 AM
*sigh* once again we see the CR compared to 'adventure' bikes when that just isn't its role.
Stick on a set of Pirelli Angel GT's and a taller screen (I prefer Puig, not that ugly Honda one), and you've got the best sub-1000cc light road tourer going, filling a niche that seems to be largely ignored by all the manufacturers right now.

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800-X (2012)
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 01:41:48 PM
*Originally Posted by TroggysRevenge [+]
*sigh* once again we see the CR compared to 'adventure' bikes when that just isn't its role.
Stick on a set of Pirelli Angel GT's and a taller screen (I prefer Puig, not that ugly Honda one), and you've got the best sub-1000cc light road tourer going, filling a niche that seems to be largely ignored by all the manufacturers right now.
To be fair it's Honda's fault for calling it an adventure bike and sticking the dual purpose Scorpions on it( jumping on the current trend/fashion ) and trying to style like a GS, big beak ;-)

Honda are marketing style over function these days, maybe driven by consumers. Look at the CB500X/F/R same bike different clothes and 3 models!

recent