Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New member from Australia. Crossrunner seat comfort level?  (Read 2843 times)

Offline StephenT

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Sydney
Hello all from Sydney Australia. At this stage I'm a "potential member". I've sold my ST1300, now looking to buy a Crossrunner, but I cannot find one here in Sydney to sit on! How comfortable is the seat, say compared to a Suzuki V-Strom 650, or a Triumph Tiger 800cc? I know I've been spoilt with the ST1300, but don't want to have to buy a gel seat or air seat to compensate. Any help would be appreciated, I really am keen to buy a Crossover, have found a couple, but they are interstate and need to know they make for comfortable riding before buying one. Thanks, Stephen.

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: New member from Australia. Crossrunner seat comfort level?
Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:20:12 AM
I've ridden an ST...but ages ago. I don't think its far behind the ST in comfort. I can definitely tell you its way more comfortable than a GSXR750K5 or a 2010 Street Triple.
I demo'd a Tiger 800 and because im a large person I could feel the join between the rider/pillion seat. Not good.
In summary. ..its the most comfortable bike I've owned.
Cheers
Jimbo.

Offline StephenT

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 09:55:20 AM
Thanks Jimbo!

Offline gerrymac

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: corby
Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 07:59:01 AM
 :031:Hi  Stephen, I sold my ageing ST1100 last year and bought a fully loaded x demo VFR 800X from my local Honda dealer, it handles so much better than my old panny, its a delight to drive in short and long journeys even two up.
 The only down side I've come across is the hight of the footpegs my knees can become stiff and I never had that with the panny.
  Hope this helps?..
Gerry, UK.

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 09:21:05 AM
Hi Stephen & welcome :)

I can't really comment re the other bikes you mention (ridden an 800xc but not long enough to test for numb bumb...) but I personally find the Crossrunner one of the most comfortable bikes that I have ever ridden, the slippery seay cover on the early bikes could be better, now improved.
It's certainly more comfortable than my Transalp, vfr750 etc.
On a trip around Scotland, the xc rider was standing & shuffling after 3-4 hrs, I was ok pretty much all day.
Comfort it is all a personal thing however & I guess you really need to try one for yourself.

Phil

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 09:22:50 AM
*Originally Posted by DetourPhil [+]
Hi Stephen & welcome :)

I can't really comment re the other bikes you mention (ridden an 800xc but not long enough to test for numb bumb, don't get me started on the dreadful buffeting & windnoise...) - I personally find the Crossrunner one of the most comfortable bikes that I have ever ridden, the slippery seay cover on the early bikes could be better, now improved.
It's certainly more comfortable than my Transalp, vfr750 etc.
On a trip around Scotland, the xc rider was standing & shuffling after 3-4 hrs, I was ok pretty much all day.
Comfort it is all a personal thing however & I guess you really need to try one for yourself.

Phil

Offline StephenT

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 09:31:57 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for your comments. I'm delighted to advise I've bought one. I pick it up next Wednesday. Interesting point is that I live in Sydney, this bike is in Perth (Western Australia). I'm flying to Perth, then riding it back, yep, the full width Australia, Perth to Sydney. I'm taking about 9-10 days to do the 4,000km.This should be a great adventure.

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 09:43:57 PM
Drop in for coffee if you're traveling through Melbourne.