Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hi, Jusr bought a Crossrunner!!! - Sam Johnson  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Sam Johnson

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 VFR800X
  • City / Town: Frodsham
Hi, Jusr bought a Crossrunner!!! - Sam Johnson
on: May 19, 2014, 08:49:59 PM
Swopped in my BMW F800GT for a 2012 Crossrunner from the local dealer here in Chester. Not pickin it up till a week on Friday can't wait!
Its a white one with all the toys, done 8k miles. Needs a good clean but enjoy doing that.
So HI to all fellow Crossrunners from Sam in Cheshire

Offline Black Jack

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Re: Hi, Jusr bought a Crossrunner!!! - Sam Johnson
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 08:32:22 AM
Hello and welcome. You'll like the Crossrunner, I've seen it described as Honda's best kept secret. It's a VFR, that's what makes it special; but it's a VFR800X that is even more flexible and adaptable than a VFR800F.

Offline macll

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 11:01:15 AM
I drove it yesterday for the first time and i loved it. 

Offline Cripes

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: KTM 390 Duke
  • City / Town: Chester
Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 07:52:29 AM
*Originally Posted by Sam Johnson [+]
Swopped in my BMW F800GT for a 2012 Crossrunner from the local dealer here in Chester. Not pickin it up till a week on Friday can't wait!
Its a white one with all the toys, done 8k miles. Needs a good clean but enjoy doing that.
So HI to all fellow Crossrunners from Sam in Cheshire

I nearly bought my Crossrunner from Bill Smiths...

I was looking around for a bike capable of touring but still agile and poky enough to 'scratch' and the helpful staff there alerted me to the Crossruner - it had previously escaped my attention as a suitable next bike.

I arranged a test ride for later in the week, but the next day saw a fully loaded example at a tempting price in Preston, so went for that instead.

As it happens, I have now moved on to a KTM, but I can see myself buying an updated Crossrunner in the future!

Offline Cripes

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 07:54:28 AM
*Originally Posted by Sam Johnson [+]
Swopped in my BMW F800GT for a 2012 Crossrunner from the local dealer here in Chester.

How did you find the F800GT? It's a very similar concept to the Crossrunner, so I was wondering what made you give up the BMW?

Offline Sam Johnson

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 VFR800X
  • City / Town: Frodsham
Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 07:48:35 PM
The 800 GT is a very nice bike, does everything you want, tour, commute and even Sunday morning hooligan. But the motor lacks any 'soul'  I had an old VFR800 and loved it. I test rode the new VFR800 but found the riding position all wrong for me, but I loved the vtec motor so thought what else uses that motor, the Crossrunner.
Nothing wrong with BMW but 'its not a Honda' so that's it deal is done I collect on Sunday. Not new but comes fully loaded with 8k n the clock

Offline Cripes

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 09:09:34 PM
I know what you mean about the relative characters of both engines - I had an F800GS with a similar engine.

Great bike, but I was never going to take it off road, and it's a bit buzzy at cruising speeds.

I found the Crossrunner brilliant at touring, and a really sporty thing to hustle on the twisties. I do think there were a few issues with it that prevented it from greatness, hence the interest in a revised version perhaps in the future...

Offline Mr.madonsims

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda crossrunne
  • City / Town: Preston
Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 11:18:51 PM
 :028:good choice get rid of the German crap and buy a proper bike

recent