Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: 16K / 2 year service done  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800-X (2012)
  • City / Town: Reading
16K / 2 year service done
on: May 22, 2014, 09:25:01 PM
Just got the bike back from http://www.firecreation.co.uk/mastertec/index_b.html.  As usual brilliant service from Keith. £328.50 (including discount for HOC membership)

16k full service done at 2 years with 13000 on the clock.  Valve check (all well within tolerance), oil & filter, brake / clutch fluid replaced, coolant replaced, air filter replaced (it was absolutely filthy) and full check over to honda service spec.  Don't like to think how much local Honda dealer would charge, but more importantly I trust Keith to do a good job, not something I can say about my experiences with the local main dealer. (I know a lot of HOC members around here use him and have never heard of a bad experience with him)

Mastertec are based in Swindon and I can thoroughly recommend them, even without the competitive pricing.

PR3's replaced with Angel GT's (no discount on tyres and I could have got them cheaper locally but for convenience had them replaced during the service).  Pr3's replaced due to repeated punctures, not sure if it the PR3's are more prone to punctures or if it's the crossrunner or it's just coincidence but I've had 5 punctures since owning the crossrunner, lots more than any other bike.  Never felt totally confident in the PR3's so decided to try something new.  Hoping for good weather tomorrow so I can go out and scrub the new tyres  :007:

* Recent Topics