Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hi,new member,from Warrington.  (Read 2779 times)

Offline Graham G

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: None
  • City / Town: Warrington
Hi,new member,from Warrington.
on: June 02, 2014, 03:52:34 PM
Just joined the forum,learning about the XRunner.
I've not had a bike in the UK since 1979,so after a fair bit of research & wanting about 150 different bikes :008:,i had settled on either a Deauville or a DL650/2,both of these bikes suit our needs,but as usual there a few pros & cons with each.
So on Saturday i went to a fairly local Honda dealer to have another look at an NT(looked at the DL about 30 times)the Suzuki dealers sick of me,while i was at the Honda dealer waiting for a salesman to find the used NT,i spotted a bike amongst the used bikes I didn't recognise,enter the Cross Runner,i really liked the feel of it,it felt really well balanced & a great riding position(maybe the footpegs a bit far back),so now i'm holding off on my decision because there is now 3 bikes on the list,so i'm going to ask a few questions in the General area it that's ok.
Sorry to have introduced myself with such a long post,i'm retired(old) & have the time to ramble on.
Cheers,Graham.

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Re: Hi,new member,from Warrington.
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 01:26:16 PM
Hi and welcome :)

You really won't go far wrong with a Crossrunner.
Comfy, great build Q, proven reliability, well balanced with performance and handling, that is docile and easy going for beginners and those returning to biking but enough performance and great handling for those with more experience.

They do depreciate heavily from new, even used from a dealers they can be pricey so try to find a nice private sale on ebay or autotrader ;)

Phil

Offline Mr.madonsims

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda crossrunne
  • City / Town: Preston
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 11:21:24 PM
Great bike full stop tried an nc myself but not quite right the crossrunner ticks most of the boxes bar low down torque which you need to get near a 1000cc and above for I think

Offline Graham G

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 02:01:12 PM
Thanks for the replies.
Mr madonsims,i'm sure the performance will be more than enough i'm old & slow & always ride with my wife(passenger)who's just as old,but not quite as slow :002:.
Detour Phil,i intend to look around & get the best value I can,thanks.
I would like to ask a few questions to expand on my post a bit,which is the best area to post ? about passenger comfort,peg position etc?.The newbie section seems to be the busiest,but may not be the best place to post.
Cheers,Graham.

Offline DetourPhil

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 02:45:28 PM
Graham, pop a new thread into the general discussion section.

It's fairly quiet around here so don't expect a huuuge response :)

As for pillion comfort, there is plenty of space aboard the xrun but pegs are higher than some bikes.
I guess the only real way is to have a 2up trial of a couple of possible candidates.
The NTs are very capable bikes but will need working for overtakes 2-up
Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:48:32 PM by DetourPhil

Offline Graham G

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 04:45:24 PM
Hi,Phil.Thanks,i'll get my thoughts together & start another thread,i've been busy on the Net & found some Rider & passenger lowering pegs that can give up to 50mm of adjustment,I think that would be enough(i've checked out cycle-Ergo)& it puts the peg position closer to the NT & DL650 position.
Cheers,Graham.
*Originally Posted by DetourPhil [+]
Graham, pop a new thread into the general discussion section.

It's fairly quiet around here so don't expect a huuuge response :)

As for pillion comfort, there is plenty of space aboard the xrun but pegs are higher than some bikes.
I guess the only real way is to have a 2up trial of a couple of possible candidates.
The NTs are very capable bikes but will need working for overtakes 2-up

Offline michaeldouglas72

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Camouflage
  • City / Town: Crieff
Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 08:03:18 AM
Need to watch out lowering the pegs too much, the brake pedal will be too high to get your foot onto easily. Try Thurn for their adjuster plate, much better than moving just the footpegs.

recent