Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Fuel consumption  (Read 5945 times)

Offline Azzuriknight

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Vfr800X
  • City / Town: Singapore
Fuel consumption
on: July 07, 2014, 03:10:41 PM
Hey guys! I just got my new vfr 800x Matt silver, I'm just wonder what's the average FC for this bike, as I'm clocking at 11.9km/L is this normal? I'm still at soft run in stage where I have not go beyond 5000 rpm...

Offline Ariel

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Winchester
Re: Fuel consumption
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 04:29:48 PM
I'm new too; just picked up my 4500km Crossrunner and done nearly 300kms at an average of 9.2kms/ltr. But that was riding quite hard.

Offline kiko

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: CR
  • City / Town: Toledo
Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 10:28:46 AM
*Originally Posted by Azzuriknight [+]
Hey guys! I just got my new vfr 800x Matt silver, I'm just wonder what's the average FC for this bike, as I'm clocking at 11.9km/L is this normal? I'm still at soft run in stage where I have not go beyond 5000 rpm...
I think is not very normal as you can see in this post, specially at 5K rpm.

https://www.honda-crossrunner.com/index.php/topic,740.0.html

Offline Azzuriknight

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Vfr800X
  • City / Town: Singapore
Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 05:32:42 PM
Thanks for the rply guys... If it's not normal then how can I rectify the problem? I only get 200km and it's already in reserve...

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800-X (2012)
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 09:05:12 PM
*Originally Posted by Azzuriknight [+]
Thanks for the rply guys... If it's not normal then how can I rectify the problem? I only get 200km and it's already in reserve...
That's probably about right.  The engine will loosen up a little as it's run in, but not much.
Try the tyres at 36/42, you will probably find the bike handles better as well.

I ran a full tank the other day and put in 20.25l after 197 miles (317km) the computer reported I'd used 22.2l and thats typical for me on a long run

I tend to find the engine likes to run quite fast, for most of my riding I don't let the revs drop below 6000rpm most of the time.

Don't forget this engine is a fairly old design and it's known for being thirsty.  Just enjoy it  :001:

Offline BriLave

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2014
  • City / Town: Oxted
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 10:37:34 AM
I'm getting 190 miles to reserve, although I was only getting 180 before I put a smaller can on. That's on a 80 mile daily commute on the M25, mostly around 4k revs. Fuel type doesn't make an obvious difference.

Offline Crow

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bikes are not just for sunny Sundays
  • City / Town: Afton Down
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 09:58:43 PM
I have now done 27000 miles and find that if I ride at legal speeds on a run I get almost 250 miles out of a tank full. My daily commute is a mixture of roads including 20 miles of motorway and I normally do about 200 miles on a tank full. If I play with the power rangers i can get it down to 120 miles!  :114:
2012 Crossrunner
1969 T120 Bonneville

Offline fred_jb

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: CrossRunner
  • City / Town: Loughborough
Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 08:53:04 PM
Just completed a trip to the South of France covering 2200 miles for the round trip, spread over about 7 days of riding.  I travelled alone, but met up for 10 days in Frejus with my wife and younger son who travelled via the TGV (highly recommended).

I kept a record of every fill up (mileage and litres).  Having entered all this in to a spreadsheet I can report an average of 49.49 MPG, with a best of 54 MPG and worst of 43 MPG for individual fill ups.  Having recently returned to biking after 25 years away, I can confidently state that my riding style would probably be described as fairly sedate, though I do have my moments!

I took a very varied route with less than half on motorways running at the French speed limit of 130 km/h.  The rest was on cross country routes where I tried (!) to stick to the limit of 90 km/h.  I also took in part of the Route de Napoleon in the Alps and some other mountainous roads between Gap and Clermont Ferrand, so had a lot twisties included.

The bike had done just over 10k miles when I bought it in June.  I have removed the O2 sensor and replaced it with a blanking plug, with an O2 eliminator fitted to the sensor wiring, for smoother part throttle running.  The bike never missed a beat the whole trip, apart from when it wouldn't start when leaving the hotel in Frejus, which turned out to be an embarrassing case of pilot error, having failed to notice the the kill switch had somehow been moved into the off position.

Fred

Offline pma

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Lisboa
Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 01:17:51 PM
My CR  Always shows on display more fuel consumption compare if i make the maths manually or using the app fuelly, the difference is usually 0.4L/100 but it can go from 0.6 to 0.2, and it always show more fuel spent.
My average is between 4.8L /100 to 7.1 (per tank). Last June i made a trip  over Spain and I made with 20.3L a total of 407km (motorway and countryside) not always riding speed limits but not more than +/-170km/h

recent