Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Brakes  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Ariel

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Winchester
Brakes
on: July 23, 2014, 05:27:47 PM
Anyone know how the Combined CBS brakes are supposed to work? Because when I popped my bike on the main stand the other day, turned the back wheel and pulled the front brake lever it had no effect on the back wheel which happily kept spinning. I'd thought there was supposed to be some back brake applied?

Offline Black Jack

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Re: Brakes
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 05:57:56 PM
As far as I know - on the VFR800X the back lever operates one of the LH pots on the front, but the front lever does not operate the back; although some sort of rocking arrangement at the LH front calliper of the VFR800F does operate the back (on some models). From what I read, there is no cross-operation at all on the new VFR800F.

Offline stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: VRF800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 01:32:38 PM
Pretty sure that I read in the handbook that the front brake also operates the rear.

Offline stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: VRF800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 07:51:21 PM
Got it the wrong way around,  the front is independent,  pressing the rear brake also activates 1 front brake cylinder per disk at the front.

Offline BriLave

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2014
  • City / Town: Oxted
Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 05:41:55 PM
The 2014 handbook doesn't say which way round it is, but I did a braking test last week (at Kent police HQ) and that indicated that the front operated both but the rear only operated the rear. It is surprisingly powerful too.

* Recent Topics