Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Honda plastics are a disgrace  (Read 3734 times)

Offline BriLave

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2014
  • City / Town: Oxted
Honda plastics are a disgrace
on: July 30, 2014, 12:55:13 PM
 I'm having a GPS wired in at a main dealer and they can't get the plastics in the dash and front to join without gaps. What to do, the bike is just over two months old? I'm going to write a stiff email to Honda, but doubt I'll get a response. Last piece of this Honda shite I'll ever buy again.

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Cleobury
Re: Honda plastics are a disgrace
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:12:23 AM
were they joined without gaps before someone took them off? . . . Take it to a competent mechanic would be my advice.

Offline BriLave

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 02:08:06 PM
The bike was delivered new with the handlebar cowling broken by P&H Crawley ( when fitting heated grips) and this happened when I left it with them again to have that replaced. They're a Honda main dealer. They said they couldn't be fitted properly because Honda fairings are crap. 
This is not over.

Offline MB

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 03:35:39 PM
I work in a car dealer and you don't tell a customer that the product that you sell him is crap, just because your work is crap.
Seems to me that it's a case of an incompetent mechanic, as Slidy said, trying to excuse himself with the materials of the brand that pays its salary!

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Cleobury
Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 09:34:31 PM
If I am reading your reply correctly, they broke something, you 'left it with them again' and they broke something else . . . . . yeah, must be the parts that are faulty! :084:

Offline BriLave

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 01:16:32 PM
It's going back in again this afternoon.  The owner of P&H had a look this morning and booked it in so he can strip and re-build it himself.

Offline stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: VRF800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 11:29:44 AM
Noticed on my 2 month old CR that the gap between the clock display and the surround had increased at the centre bottom, probably due to being in the sun, after playing around with different things I ended up using some double sided sticky tape between the clock and surround  that stopped the gap opening up, really needs additional fixings to stop this happening and will be mentioning it to the dealer next time I'm in.

Offline BriLave

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 11:36:55 PM
P&H fixed the clock surround- their mechanic had routed the GPS cable through the panel and that stopped it locating properly. (He also didn't install the GPS mount correctly, by not following instructions in the box, but I can fix that myself.)
P&H will be asking Honda to provide replacement panels for the front- they're too much out of tolerance.
Normal service is now resumed, just had to raise my voice. That and the Honda UK boss has put someone onto it after I complained to him too.
So, an untrained mechanic who can't read and understand diagrams, combined with wonky panels. I will be asking some questions before my next service as to the qualifications of the mechanics.

Offline wedge

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: Wisbech
Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 08:29:09 PM
*Originally Posted by BriLave [+]
I will be asking some questions before my next service as to the qualifications of the mechanics.

I wouldn't, I'd be taking it elsewhere.

recent