Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Givi V46 Top Box lost  (Read 2018 times)

Offline cross

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
Givi V46 Top Box lost
on: August 14, 2014, 08:16:36 AM
Hey guys, something happen to me that I'm wondering if its normal or was just bad luck...
Any known issues with this Givi V46 specific top cases used in the CR?
A few days ago I went for a small ride 40Km and lost my v46 top case. I didn't even noticed, only when I arrived and step out I realize it then. I hope I did not cause any accident or something.
I had a few bumpy roads on the way but nothing really big or anything that I did not had it before. Driving around 90-120 kph max ....
Was pretty new and well fitted securely I'm sure of that.
I saw a couple videos on YouTube about this luggage felling off the bikes so I wonder....
Not going to buy this model again and I'm think even to go a different brand because maybe would just not cut it to this type of bike and a bit stir riding conditions.
P.

Offline BriLave

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2014
  • City / Town: Oxted
Re: Givi V46 Top Box lost
Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 04:50:34 PM
I had a Maxia 52 come off a CBR a few years ago but to be fair I hadn't fitted the base to the bike correctly. I've had a 46 box on my CR since delivery 4 months ago and it's still on after 4,000 miles, but it's a worry if it might come off.

Offline cross

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
Re: Givi V46 Top Box lost
Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 08:34:17 PM
Check this out.... Makes me thinking twice I can tell you that...

Givi trunk falls off FJR at high speed: 
Cheers
P.