Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New 2015 VFR800X Crossrunner  (Read 9920 times)

Offline Jozina

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR 800X
  • City / Town: Heerle
New 2015 VFR800X Crossrunner
on: September 10, 2014, 10:19:32 AM
New model Honda Crossrunner 2015.

Offline Black Jack

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Re: New model 2015
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 03:08:26 PM
What excellent news. It shows Honda's commitment to the Crossrunner and should give it a few refinements. I've just had the Honda press release arrive from the dealer, and asked them to save me a red one.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Crossrunner Member
Re: New model 2015
Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 03:21:11 PM
Another pic on the road. Nice headlight arrangement IMO  :028:

And from Honda in todays press release:

'Honda Motor Europe today announces the new 2015 VFR800X, which boasts a host of changes and new features to confirm its position as a premium Sports Tourer. The 2015 VFR800X benefits from revisions to its 800cc V4 engine for more top end power and mid-range torque, sharper looks all round, longer travel suspension, and new wheels and brakes. Other features include S-TCS, ABS, LED lights, self-cancelling indicators and heated grips as standard.

The 2015 VFR800X combines Honda's unique 800cc V4 engine with an upright, street-oriented riding position for maximum touring comfort but with the phenomenal performance of its twin brother, the VFR800F. The 2015 VFR800X pushes the concept forward for a stronger all-round sporty ride and sharper modern styling.

The heart of the machine remains its VTEC-equipped 90° V4 DOHC 16 valve engine, which now offers increased low and mid-range torque for flexible, effortless drive, plus increased peak power of 78kW, delivered at 10,250rpm.

The aluminium twin-beam frame features a lighter, revised subframe and new aluminium swingarm ­- another VFR signature piece. Suspension has longer travel: 25mm in its two-piece telescopic forks and 23mm in the rear shock. ABS comes as standard and the front 17-inch hollow-cast aluminium wheel is fitted with dual 310mm discs, worked by radial-mount four-piston calipers. Tyres are sporty street-size 120 front and 180 rear for optimal on-road performance.

The rider now also benefits from the same kind of Selectable Torque Control System (S-TCS) fitted to the Crosstourer. Two levels of S-TCS are available (plus off), to sense imminent loss of rear wheel traction, and seamlessly reduce torque to allow the tyre to grip.

The VFR800X is a true VFR - a motorcycle designed for hard riding fun, but with style, comfort and practicality. Accordingly, the seat is now adjustable, offering two height options, and 5-stage heated grips and Honda's self-cancelling indicators are both fitted as standard. New, full LED lighting adds a distinct presence and premium finishing touch.

The 2015 VFR800X will be showcased in the UK at Motorcycle Live between 22nd - 30th November 2014 and available through Honda UK Motorcycle dealers from early December.'

:047:

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW Leic's
Re: New 2015 VFR800X Crossrunner
Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 08:15:10 PM
It looks good, I just wonder how long it'll be before the negative comments start to appear from the people who've never ridden one, my Mrs loves hers and I don't know if she will want to upgrade hers, Hmm. :002:

Offline Mitch

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR800X
  • City / Town: Sydney
Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 11:39:47 PM
I see one of these in my future.
Been thinking about getting a new bike, maybe going to a multistrada or KTM adventure,
But i think this new crossrunner will be just the ticket
Oh Sh*t!' is usually the moment when your plan parts ways with reality

Offline TroggysRevenge

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 11:01:19 PM
Link to MCN report http://ow.ly/BjMss

Looks like they got rid of the side by side radiators and coolant pipes around the bottom by moving the oil cooler to under the beak, and tucked the radiator up high behind the front wheel. I'd say it's going to be a lot narrower across the front than the first gen. Should take a lot less damage if dropped off road.
The forks look a bit skinny and exposed but I guess they had to scoop out the forward fairing a bit to get more air into the radiator. It makes it look as though the front has more travel, but I don't think it does.
Factory heated grips would be nice, and it would be nice if they'd improved that dash in any way. I like the headlight arrangement too. If my existing Givi's and Hyperlow would bolt right on to it I'd give it a closer look.
I guess Honda are making a real attempt at putting it against the V-Strom and 'adventure' Beemer classes and giving it a bit more capability offroad. Fitting bash plates and crash protection would be a lot easier on this 2nd gen Crossrunner.

Offline Cripes

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: KTM 390 Duke
  • City / Town: Chester
Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 07:26:21 AM
As an ex-Crossunner owner I'm very interested in this Mk 2 version. I liked the earlier version, but it had a few issues that stopped me loving it - high price, stingy spec, bit too heavy, and a disappointing dash/cockpit design.

If they can clean up the quality and style issues, keep the weight down and spec more kit as standard then it could be my next bike. I've been struggling to find a mid-sized sporty tourer to complement my current Duke 390. I tried the Ducati Hyperstrada but it's quite a bit more wedge, but it does have a lot more spec and design appeal. I just wasn't convinced it was a decent enough compact sporty tourer.

Offline Black Jack

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 11:03:53 AM
*Originally Posted by Gain [+]
It looks good, I just wonder how long it'll be before the negative comments start to appear from the people who've never ridden one, my Mrs loves hers and I don't know if she will want to upgrade hers.

I am in the lucky position (and I do know how lucky I am) to be able to think about the possibility of a new CR while holding on to my existing 'Camo' version. Honda have obviously preformed the same 'Crossrunner conversion' to the new VFR800F as they did to the previous version. Some of the (so-called) professional reviews of the original bike were a disgrace. Honda appear to have pushed the overall image of the CR towards the Crosstourer, so that might generate some better reviews. It might also bring about one or two improvements for the bike itself (I have had two replacement instrument units fitted so far - due to condensation - and the latest one is still misting up); but the original CR also got a lot of things right, so I hope they haven't sacrificed too much just to produce something that looks good in the photographs in order to get a few good reviews. I hope, for example, that the new bike is as comfortable for two-up touring (it looks to have the seat unit from the VFR800F) and that jacking up the suspension won't raise the seat beyond the ability of the new adjustable seat to bring it back down to a useable height again. I tried the Crosstourer at one stage and found that just too tall and too heavy to ride safely. Something that falls between the existing XRunner and XTourer, while saving the best features of both, would be top of my list. They say the bikes will be in dealers around December. Three months is a lifetime - well it is at my age.

Offline Mitch

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR800X
  • City / Town: Sydney
Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 10:18:10 PM
I still wish Honda would do something about that exhaust!!!!!
Stop hiding the single swing arm.
Oh Sh*t!' is usually the moment when your plan parts ways with reality

Offline TroggysRevenge

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 09:58:37 AM
*Originally Posted by Mitch [+]
I still wish Honda would do something about that exhaust!!!!!
Stop hiding the single swing arm.
A Hyperlow will fix that, and make that V4 sound like it should!

recent