Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New to the forum  (Read 4314 times)

Offline StephenS

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
New to the forum
on: September 29, 2014, 08:06:47 AM
Hi Folks,

I am thinking of getting a CR to replace my NC700.

The NC DCT has been brilliant, but I eant something with a bit more pep, particularly for taking my better half as pillion.

What is your view of the CR as a pillion-carrier?

Can you help me with buying a used CR? What are the top 3 things to look out for?

Thanks everybody, and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Steve
New Crossrunner in Nov 2014.

Offline StephenS

• Crossrunner Member
Re: New to the forum
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 08:11:18 AM
I should have added some biog.  I am retired, live in Gods Own county of Devon, and am a "born again" biker, having passed my test last year at the tender age of 61. Returning to biking after 43 years has been GREAT. 

I have signed up with IAM and await my first observed ride.  Eek.

Offline StephenS

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:55:00 PM
Well, I've gone and done it.

CR on order.

Collect on 4th Nov. :017:

Offline Black Jack

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 07:09:23 PM
Welcome. I've just spent a week driving around Devon and Cornwall in a Berlingo van - it was like driving through Hampton Court Maze at 40 mph. I got back into bikes four years ago at the age of 65, and worked my way through one or two bikes before coming to rest with the Crossrunner. I've had the NC700 out as a courtesy bike and it's not bad; but it's not really in the same league as the CR - the V4 motor, the handling and especially the brakes are excellent. It is on the limit (for me) in terms of seat height and weight, but perfectly manageable, and very good with a pillion - Honda designed it for pillion use. Most of the time (sub VETEC) it pulls like a V Twin, and will exceed all UK speed limits in fourth gear without the need of those extra eight valves; once you are over 6K it goes like an Inline4. Contrary to what they say at MCN the VETC crossover is seamless.  Fabulous bike, 100 bhp is all you need at our age and I get around 50 mpg. I'm on my third. I love it.
Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:10:57 PM by Black Jack

Offline StephenS

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 09:15:15 AM
Thanks for your welcome, Jack.

"Hampton court maze". Haha. Like that.  Try it on a bike with a pillion.  It can get exciting. You can meet Berlingos 😳 around any bend.

Just bought a taller screen, the power bronze, on eBay. Am about to ride over Dartmoor to get it.  Could go round Dartmoor but that's another 20 miles and less fun.

Picking up the new CR next Tuesday.

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW Leic's
Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 07:48:08 PM
Welcome and if I may say so, a good choice. My wife has one and it does the business two up with no problems, I agree with the post above by Black Jack, with regard to the way the bike works.
I for my sins ride a Kawasaki, the Honda is more comfy though.

Good luck with it. :028:

Offline StephenS

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 04:09:04 PM
Well, I picked up the CR this morning and rode it gingerly home.

I'm impressed so far with the very responsive handling.

I'll post again when I have some miles under my belt.

Offline Mr.madonsims

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda crossrunne
  • City / Town: Preston
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 07:04:28 PM
Good choice have done 4000 miles mostly two up and love it when I first got it the seat made my bum numb but it as got a lot better now the seas worn in. love to put it into 7000 rpm get those valves in goes like a train fitted an oiler to the chain really helps with wear. Can not fault it really slight heavy if anything enjoy shame you didn't look further into the screen the site recommends the puig

Offline Tanarthur

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 11:43:38 PM
Welcome to the club. Own it for close to 2 years. No regrets. Has the looks and power for what I need. Am taking it for a 5 nation ride next month. From Singapore through Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos then back to Thailand, Malaysia and home in Singapore...

Enjoy your ride!!!

Offline kiko

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: CR
  • City / Town: Toledo
Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 09:22:46 AM
*Originally Posted by Tanarthur [+]
Welcome to the club. Own it for close to 2 years. No regrets. Has the looks and power for what I need. Am taking it for a 5 nation ride next month. From Singapore through Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos then back to Thailand, Malaysia and home in Singapore...

Enjoy your ride!!!
My God Tanarthur, at list a map will be appreciated and next month we hope some pictures.
Kiko

recent