Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: front brakes come on suddenly  (Read 2615 times)

Offline moey47

• Crossrunner Member
  • thunderbolts way
  • Bike: 2011 cr
  • City / Town: sydney
front brakes come on suddenly
on: September 30, 2014, 11:10:43 AM
Hi guys,
I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else on this forum,
Last Sunday i was out for a ride with a few mates , and after a few hours of riding we stop off for a break. as i got back on my bike to continue on , I could not get the bike to move, ,at first i thought it was stuck between gears, or something, then all of a sudden it came free, we continued our ride and never happened again, after  650 KM of riding it never missed a beat, and all was good,
However , the next day as I ride to work, and about 200 meters down the road the brakes come on by them selves all of a sudden,without me touching the leavers at all, and it scarfed the crap out of me. The bike came to a complete stop, i tried rocking it back and forth, still locked on, just by chance i tapped the front brake leaver, and it free up again and then continued on to work and nothing else came of it, checked the pads and rotors and all seemed fine, i rang a Honda dealer and was told to book it in, for inspection,
If anyone has experienced this please let me know, as to head me in the right direction, don't know if this would be a warrentee job or not,its only 2 years old with only 6 k on the clock.
cheers Moe

Offline Spenze

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: front brakes come on suddenly
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 04:18:23 AM
Nothing like that has ever happened to me.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 05:35:31 PM
Probably best t get the offending brake checked out asap before riding again  :028:

Offline Crow

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bikes are not just for sunny Sundays
  • City / Town: Afton Down
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 10:18:41 PM
On the rear occasion I have a day off from riding my front brake would be on when I went to ride off the following day. This was cured by stripping, cleaning and coppersliping the brakes
2012 Crossrunner
1969 T120 Bonneville

Offline Colinwri

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 08:48:59 AM
Hi moey47, I'm having the exact same problem.
What was the reason for your brake coming on?

recent