Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: 2015 Crossrunner: First Ride  (Read 3250 times)

Offline Cripes

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: KTM 390 Duke
  • City / Town: Chester
2015 Crossrunner: First Ride
on: October 31, 2014, 08:09:58 PM
Interesting review from Visordown on the revised 2015 Crossrunner. Looks like they've addressed quite a few of the original model's shortcomings.

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-first-rides/first-ride-2015-honda-vfr800x-crossrunner-review/25807.html

Can't wait to take one for a demo ride!

Offline Black Jack

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: North Yorkshire
Re: 2015 Crossrunner: First Ride
Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 04:04:07 PM
Good to see it is beginning to hit the streets, and I will certainly want to have a test ride; but my initial enthusiasm for the 2015 Crossrunner has waned slightly. I was thinking of trading in my 2012 model for this new version, but with Honda beginning to do deals on the remaining stock I have gone for another 2014 Camo instead (1K reduction and free luggage) - of course this doesn't rule out upgrading at a later date, but I thought I would wait and see what the wider reaction is to this new 2015 model, given that the Camo represents my ideal bike at the moment.

After four years I suppose the Crossrunner was due for an update. There seem to be two significant differences between old and new. The first is based on the original VFR800Fs from which the Crossrunner is derived. Honda haven't changed the Crossrunner, as such, they have changed the VFR800 they base it on. The second is the delibrate move to make the Crossrunner look more like an 'Adventure' bike - like a mini Crosstourer, in fact. That is clearly more in line with current fashions, but with 17" wheels and what appears to be the same Scorpion tyres, this new version is no more an adventure bike than the first one was. I will be interested to see if the 2015 model is a better road bike than the Camo - of course if it is, I'll be back on here raving about it.

Offline Cripes

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: KTM 390 Duke
  • City / Town: Chester
Re: 2015 Crossrunner: First Ride
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 06:09:15 PM
I see that MCN have also got a first ride write up coming out shortly:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/news/newsresults/new-bikes/2014/october/2015-honda-crossrunner-ridden/

As you say, they've made it a mini-Crosstourer and abandoned the 'jetski' look in favour of the Adventure bike look.

It's still too heavy at 242kg  - but the biggest problem is the £10,299 price, but at least they're including a centre stand as standard, as well as a sat nav, top box and slip-on exhaust - so I would imagine that old stock and used models will take a big hit? Especially if they start discounting it and offering extra kit and 0% finance like before.

I thought that the current model had a reasonable amount of real-world power, but the weight takes the edge off it for sure.

recent