Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hello from Leipzig - Germany  (Read 2706 times)

Offline DrT_Music

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR 800 X
  • City / Town: Leipzig
Hello from Leipzig - Germany
on: December 04, 2014, 03:09:42 PM
My name ist Thomas. I am from Leipzig, Germany. 55 year old physicist riding almost continously ever since I got a licencse at the age of 18. The only interuption was during study time where I just could not afford a decent bike. I am married and our son will turn 18 next year waiting for his bike license.
We lived in College Park, MD for two years where I picked up my current old lady - a V45Manga 1983. Rode her 130000 km since then.US/most of Europe/Russia. But have a look at my bike history:

Will pick up her hopefully next week. She (even if Honda clames it's a he) is just 2 years old, 14000 km and costs 6500€ fully equiped from mainstand through large windshield, heated grips, fog lamps, Givi luggage - name it she has it.
If you want to see some more pictures you may have a look at this webpage I am still maintaining even though I am now to far away and ride with www.Bikerfreunde-Grosskugel.de:

www.hexchen.de/MF_Wallichen

Hope to see you on the road.
DrT_Music

Offline kiko

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: CR
  • City / Town: Toledo
Re: Hello from Leipzig - Germany
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 12:13:32 PM
A complete and very nice presentation DrT.

Also I hope see you on the road.
Kiko.

Offline gatesy

• Crossrunner Member
  • Tyres down saddle up!
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: Le Bosc Renoult
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 03:49:19 PM
Hi DrT-music

Welcome to the site. Get your entry on the members map and maybe I will see you if you stray into France.

John
Tel; 02 33 35 85 84 for TLC if in trouble or even in the area.
Code postale; 61470

Offline DrT_Music

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 11:15:16 AM
As of today she has her new license plate L-TT-42. If you know Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe by Douglas Adams you will know that 42 is the answer of Deep Thought to the live, the universe and everything :046:. Will get her home tomorrow at 10:00 with some additional time planned to talk bikes with the preowner. Even if is not perfect weather for riding I guess the way home will not be too direct. Why is time sometimes passing that slow?
DrT_Music

Offline DrT_Music

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 03:34:51 PM
nothing more do say - picked her up today. Direct way home: 30 km. With drizzel I ended up to be 80 km.

video link now dead

Offline jan1195xx

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 04:14:03 AM
Also a welcome from germany. Oder in unserer Sprache, willkommen hier. Bin auch erst kurz dabei, habe meine(n) Crossrunner seit Oktober. Vielleicht sieht man sich auf einer Tour.

Jan

recent