Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: taking the side panel of  (Read 5667 times)

Offline nescafe

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: crossrunner x
  • City / Town: Glenrothes
taking the side panel of
on: December 30, 2014, 02:38:22 PM
Hi
Can anyone tell how to remove the left hand side panel. I want to see if my heated grips have been wired into a Honda quartet harness. Pictures would be a great help.
Thanks

Offline Mr Grumpy

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Taynuilt
Re: taking the side panel of
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 12:55:13 AM
I found removing the panels the first time a bit of a nightmare. Due to the poor access to some of the plastic clips most were trashed and had to be replaced( by cheaper non Honda items).Just start at top of panel and work your way down removing screws and clips. Installation much easier. My oxford grips were wired direct to battery which I wasn't happy about so replaced wiring loom with Oxfords new current sensing loom which connects to battery but switches off when  battery current drops when ignition turned off, saved me looking for a switched wire which could take the current for the grips.
SW Crash Bars, LED Fogs, Power socket, heated grips , hugger, Melvin seat, R&G fork protectors,headlight protector, lowered footpegs  , wiring loom and mount for Zumo 390.

Offline nescafe

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 11:24:53 AM
thanks for the information, I may leave well alone as I have now got my own version of Hondas quartet loom made and fitted for £12 ( fit yourself). It takes a supply from rear light which is 10 amps and more than enough to power gps, grips ,led lights etc. It was very easy, a three pin connector block and some wire / connectors, put / fit the three pin connector to the split original and you now have a tap of. Will try and post pics later :169:

Offline jan1195xx

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 11:40:10 AM
I can send you  a copy of the riders manual with pics how to remove the panels. If you are interested, send me your email address.

Jan

Offline nescafe

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 11:49:52 AM
that's excellent, thanks very much, email at ridisc55 at yahoo with the tag on the end co uk :046:

Offline kma_johan

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Craigieburn
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 09:49:02 PM
*Originally Posted by jan1195xx [+]
I can send you  a copy of the riders manual with pics how to remove the panels. If you are interested, send me your email address.

Jan
Did you get the user manualmor is the rider manual something else? My user manual for the 2015 doesn't show how to remove the panels.
Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:53:13 PM by kma_johan

Offline jan1195xx

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 08:06:04 AM
Yes, in the riders Manual of the 2011-2014 model you can see how to remove the fairing.

Jan

* Recent Topics

recent