Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Quartet Harness  (Read 3128 times)

Offline Dunarin

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Quartet Harness
on: February 10, 2015, 12:18:50 PM
Looking for some advice on the quartet harness if anyone can help.

Took plastics off to add quartet harness & wire in zumo gps. Looks like the unit for heated grips is already plugged into the connector where you would plug harness in. Would it be ok to disconnect this, connect quartet & reconnect grip unit (would have to change connector) to one of the quartet harness outlets (which one?) & connect gps to another outlet?

Don't want to mess this up & end up end up with dodgy electrics!

I'll add pics separately.

Thanks in advance.......

Angus

Offline Dunarin

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Re: Quartet Harness
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 12:20:39 PM
More pics...

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Cleobury
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 09:10:09 PM
Do a quick search of 'Quartet Harness' or 'Electrics' in this forum. I'm sure this has been asked and answered, with pictures, a couple of times before. Hopefully you'll find the answer.

Offline Dunarin

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 09:20:55 AM
Sorted thanks  :002:

Offline Westyboy

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 06:54:00 AM
Hi, Im trying to do the same mod to power the GPS but have had trouble getting a part number for a suitable 'Quartet' harness. My local dealer said there isn't a specific harness for the Crossrunner, (there are sub harness's for the heated grips) he suggests the closest may be for the NC700? Noticed on one of your photo's there was a Honda P/No but couldn't read the first part of it. Can you help by either having the whole P/No of the Quartet harness you used or maybe a receipt to help me source?
Regards Westyboy

Offline Dunarin

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 10:02:32 AM
Apologies but bought from ebay so can't help with part number. I do know that it was advertised as sub harness for Crossrunner / Crosstourer & originally came from Blackpool Honda. BUT it was not compatible with the CR. I had to chop off the plug on new harness & replace it with the one from heated grips harness. Then add a suitable plug onto grips harness to plug into one of the outlets on new harness. All worked out ok but bit of a hassle chopping & changing.