Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Chain tension  (Read 8050 times)

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Chain tension
Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 04:15:37 PM
Think I am also right in saying that Scottolier systems dual knib is not suitable for the CR - but I think I noticed one of the alternative makers had got a mini dual applicator shown on a VFR800Vtec.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Shaunomercy

Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 07:06:11 PM
you can fit the dual injector but you Will have to drill the lower chain guard below swing arm. seen this done on vfr forum.
I've sussed a real tidy way of fitting scottoiler using the hrc behind number plate but profi. and wurth dry lube have a strong following on vfr forum
Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Offline strats

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Chain tension
Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 07:46:40 PM
*Originally Posted by Victor [+]
Strats, I'm on the fence regarding a Scottoiler. (I'm definately not a skeptic, just undecided  :084:).

Does it lubricate both sides of the chain ? Does the Scottoiler reduce the frequency chain tensioning ? does the chain actually last 7 times longer as the website claims ? In the past, I normally replaced the chain every 10K miles.  and lastly - why is the scottoiler (or a similar device) not offered by any manufacturer as a standard or additional fitment ?   Again, I'm not a skeptic.. just voicing my questions

Only lubricates on side of the chain, capillary action does the rest. There is however a dual outlet if you wish as an accessory. There are reports of between 45000 and 90000K"s per chain.

Oh, and Scottoiler is offered as a genuine BMW accessory.
I don't try to explain to people why I ride a Motorcycle. For those who understand no explanation is needed! For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible..

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 08:07:53 PM
*Originally Posted by strats [+]

Oh, and Scottoiler is offered as a genuine BMW accessory.
It only seems a few years ago that a Scottoiler on a BMW would have been one accessory too far :008:
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

* Recent Topics

topic Hello
[New Members]
Newbs1ok
Yesterday at 10:14:07 PM
topic European Service Manual
[General Maintenance and Servicing]
maiko
Yesterday at 08:30:50 PM
topic exhaust