Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: HISS Light  (Read 5239 times)

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW Leic's
HISS Light
on: April 28, 2015, 09:47:17 PM
The HISS light on my wifes CR has started to flash when the key is removed, something that has not happened before in the time that she's had it ( 6K miles ), it isn't on when the engine is running, I can't look in the manual as we currently have builders in and the handbook is in storage at the back of the spare bedroom and is not accessible. Is this something that's an easy fix or is it a trip to the Honda man ?
Any takers on this?

Thanks  :016:

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800-X (2012)
  • City / Town: Reading
Re: HISS Light
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 08:16:00 AM
That's normal operation for the HISS light, it flashes for 24 hours after the ignition is switched off.  Like an alarm indicator.  You can turn the flashing off.

The HISS indicator starts flashing every 2 seconds for 24 hours after the ignition switch is turned OFF. To prevent or to restore the HISS indicator flashing:
1. With the ignition switch ON, press and hold the A button ( P.20) for 2 seconds or more when the display function mode is odometer. a   The HISS indicator flashes once. 2. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 06:54:40 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply, I just tried that, but it hasn't made any difference.
I shall take another look when I can get the manual out. The engine still runs so it may well be left as is.
Thank you anyway.

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 07:03:26 PM
The bit in red is copied directly from the manual.  If it doesn't work to stop the HISS light flashing then there is something wrong somewhere.  Maybe drop into a dealer to have a chat.

Offline Spenze

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 10:58:25 PM
My manual doesn't mention I can turn that off. It just mentions the flash for 24 hours. I have the 2011 model.

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 08:32:11 AM
*Originally Posted by Spenze [+]
My manual doesn't mention I can turn that off. It just mentions the flash for 24 hours. I have the 2011 model.

P.101 of the manual, mines 2011 as well.  :192:

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 05:54:23 PM
I actually called into a Honda dealers whilst on my way back from a job the other day,
They told me they didn't have a factory manual for a 2011 CR
The guy also told me that turning off red warning lights wasn't part of the training that they receive.
Surely all Honda bikes have the same system on don't they, " can you bring it in ? " er no,
if they don't know how it works they won't be servicing it either.
I'll have a look in the manual when I can get at it, again, thanks for your replies.

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 01:26:47 PM
OK, have now sorted the problem, it was a simple fix as described above by Cornersruns.
I just misread it as needing to be in odometer A, I feel a bit of a mug now  :006:
Once again, thanks for the replies.

Offline wedge

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Wisbech
Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 05:32:16 PM
problem? fix?

It's supposed to do it, Idea is it acts as a deterrent to tea-leaves like a flashing alarm light

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 08:46:50 PM
I know,
But as it's 'er indoors bike and as it's never done it before I was told to sort it.  :024:
And yes, I agree with you.